Away is looking for an Executive Assistant to our co-founder & Chief Brand Officer, Jen Rubio. The ideal candidate will manage her schedule, coordinate her travel, & is eager to keep her on top of her workload by managing her time. More importantly, you will build relationships throughout the organization & represent the company & brand in line with our culture.
You minimize conflicts & maximize productivity for the CBO, enabling her to do her best work. In addition to being highly organized, youll thrive in this role if youre an incredible communicator. The Executive Assistant to the CBO facilitates communication with our team to make decisions & externally with some of Aways most important contacts. This role will report directly to the Chief Brand Officer & is based at our HQ in Soho, NYC.
What youll do:
- Anticipate the needs of the CBO before & during each workday
- Extensive & heavy scheduling, monitoring, & prioritizing of the day-to-day incoming communication & requests for time
- Handle prioritization of internal requests for CBOs review & approval in real time daily
- Ensure CBO is kept on schedule & on time for meetings day-to-day
- Manage calendar to ensure a productive & positive workflow to the day's activities
- Support the communications team as they coordinate & schedule co-founder media & speaking opportunities
- Handle all travel arrangements including flights, hotels, ground transportation; obtain visas, passport renewals, or any other travel documents
- Stay up-to-date on company happenings & priorities & keep your finger on the pulse of the organizations needs
- Resolve expenses monthly
- Interact with employees, investors, partners & executives in the industry of all levels
- Support our CEO when coverage is needed
Who you are:
- 5+ years as an Executive Assistant in a fast-paced environment, providing administrative support to a senior executive, ideally a C-Suite Executive
- Heavy calendar, travel, & meeting planning experience required
- Demonstrate ability to juggle & prioritize multiple tasks & projects simultaneously & successfully
- Emotionally intelligent
- Excited by supporting others
- Able & available to travel when needed to support the CBO
- Excellent Mac skills & superior proficiency in Google Calendar
- Extremely organized & detail oriented
- Possesses strong project management skills; one who thinks ahead & anticipates needsyoure never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking how can we do this better?
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & energetic environment
- Excited by the opportunity to grow with the company
- You love to travel (but thats a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIn's "Top Startups," & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!