Help Flexport win new business
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices & warehouses. And were just getting started.With revenue growing at breakneck speed, we're looking for a Sales Development Manager in our growing New York market to keep our top of funnel full & manage our team of SDRs. This is a high impact & high ownership opportunity for self-starters interested in solving real-world problems & revolutionizing global trade.
- Manage & monitor the monthly quota & goals of your team
- Recruit, hire, train & ramp a team of sales development representatives;
- Proactively identify & launch initiatives to drive both new business development growth & operational excellence;
- Use data to be nimble & inform the strategy of your team
- Generate top of funnel demand including identifying lead sources, constructing lists, & other tasks related to outbound lead generation;
- Collaborate with marketing to drive new business through inbound demand generation;
- Achieve quarterly & annual quota & revenue targets;
- Monitor & refine sales lead processes, metrics, & tools to maximize success on the SDR team.
- Encourage innovation on your team, especially in finding new customer segments that Flexport is currently under-serving; and
- Coach, develop & promote the next generation of Flexport sales leaders.
You should have:
- 2+ years experience leading a team of individual contributors to success;
- Passion for new business, this team is the fuel for the Flexport rocketship;
- A/B testing mentality - willingness to proactively test outbound customer messaging & iterate Flexports value proposition;
- BA/BS Degree preferred;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Brownie points for experience with Sales Ops functions including Salesforce Admin, Dashboard Creation, Lead distribution, etc.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent$1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fundin February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds & experiencestogether with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is & why improving global trade can help to connect the world & break down economic barriers in thisFast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one withFlexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.