Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Data Engineer to join our Data team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
The Data Platform team is responsible for the developing tools for data users across Oscar Health. We remove data silos, democratize data, & empower everyone from operational teams to engineers to integrate data into their workflows & products.
As a Data Engineer on the Data Platform team, you will play a leading role in building a secure data platform to tackle the challenges around orchestration, resource management, & building tools & ML frameworks for data scientists & engineers. You are someone that has strong technical chops that wants to democratize data across the organization. You are happy to mentor & guide data users on best practices. You are a problem solver, with a track record of building highly scalable data pipelines & distributed systems.
You will report to the lead of the Data Platform team.
- Design & implement platform services, frameworks, & data workflows for data scientists, ML Engineers, & operational teams
- Develop & socialize technical solutions & frameworks that the broader data science & engineering teams can leverage to ship production-hardened data products at increasing scale & velocity
- Drive efficiency & reliability improvements through design & automation: performance, scaling, observability, & monitoring
- Identify limitations & required features in the Data Platform with peer teams to design & implement them
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical & non-technical audiences
- Proficiency in Python & object-oriented design
- Experience developing large-scale data management systems
- Proficient in ETL & data warehousing best practices
- You have experience proposing, experimenting, & iterating, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isnt!
- You have experience with technical contributions, improving the quality of what you create, & are excited to build fault-tolerant, & scalable software systems
- Be familiar with data platform technologies such as datalakes, data warehouses, MLOps, metadata management, & access controls
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.