Refinery29 is the leading digital media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 550 million across all platforms. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power by providing optimistic & diverse creativity, storytelling, & points of view. We deliver style & substance to an audience that's highly engaged across a variety of devices & destinations, from the original video & editorial features, to live experiences & social storytelling.Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.uk, and www.refinery29.de for more information & to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility & turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do: (D2D Responsibilities)
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Development Officer, Senior Advisor
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Technology + Product Officer
- Provide some support to the entire ad sales team (prepping meetings, assisting with gifts, running errands, sending packages, etc.)
- Provide support for department-wide events for Product & Engineering
- Proactively manage professional calendars, prepping for meetings in advance & long-term calendar planning
- Manage meeting logistics including booking & prepping rooms, creating & preparing necessary materials, organizing catering, providing conference call details, taking notes, & welcoming external guests
- Coordinate international & domestic travel logistics including flight itineraries, hotel rates & reservations, car services, & international phone plans in accordance with personal travel preferences for CDO & CTO
- Meet with various team members to clarify specific requirements of projects (below), spearhead the process of each project to ensure that all parties are informed, on-target & updated at each milestone. Also, keep a tight & accurate client guest list to be share with the entire ad sales team, as well as the entire executive team.
- CES Conference
- PCPC Conference
- 29Rooms Pre-Partys
- Newfronts Post-Party
- CEW Indie Beauty Conference
- Establish productive relationships with other assistants & R29 executives to work as collaboratively as possible
- Stakeholder for all R29 tentpole prospecting lists (29Rooms, Proactive Programming, Channel29, Canada Launch)
- Conduct competitive research for sales prospecting across category
- Ensure priorities are managed; daily & long-term requests are addressed
- Manage & submit monthly expense reports
- Conceive & organize internal events including happy hours, dinners, off-site meetings,
- Execute day-to-day administrative tasks including placing lunch orders, arranging deliveries, updating contacts, etc.
- Program & manage ongoing standing meetings including monthly Weekly Revenue Meeting, Bi-Weekly All Hands, etc.
- Manage an intern (Fall + Summer) - directs, coaches, listens, provide feedback, etc.
- Keep up to date tracking of our current advertisers to share with our editorial team to ensure clarity across departments
- Work directly with clients & brands to solidify client meetings, inform them of upcoming of R29s events, & develop strong relationships
- Analyze bookings & pipeline to identify & maximize sales opportunities
- Work with finance to ensure revenue budget is on target for the fiscal year
- Positively contribute to R29s culture of collaboration, scrappiness & creative problem solving providing white-glove service to the CDO, CTO & external/internal partners.
What you have: (What is the background/expertise you are looking for)
- Prior experience providing administrative support in a fast paced environment - bonus points for working at "rapid growth" companies!
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, & collaborative team player
- Must be a highly organized & solutions-driven go-getter with ability to see the big picture & pay attention to detail, handle multiple priorities at once, manage time effectively, & maintain composure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent taste level as it relates to client engagement & experiences (food, decor, fashion, catering, hosting & entertaining invitation design)
- Superior judgment & discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote, Google Calendar, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Patient & adaptable to change