What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Are you passionate about financial markets, do you have strong accounting skills, are you great with numbers & know how to take care of the details? Do you have a flexible attitude, quantitative focus & a strong desire to leverage your skills? Do you have the ability to act as the single point of contact with regards to financial reports?
BlockFi is looking for an External Reporting Associate to join our growing team!
About Your Team
Youll be working in the Accounting & Finance team in New York. Our business is dynamic & growing in terms of size & complexity, thus we are looking for a proactive, dynamic, innovative & motivated individual to join the team & to quickly take on the below responsibilities.
To add maximum value, the role will also require an understanding of & contribution to the other functions of the wider Accounting & Finance team. In addition to the Accounting team, youll interact with other internal clients including Risk, Compliance, Legal, Operations & Senior Management. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Assist with the development of the external financial & regulatory reporting processes
- Assist with the preparation of the external financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP, mainly comprised of financial statements & the accompanying disclosures
- Assist in the preparation of the regulatory reports in compliance with the respective states reporting requirements; ensure timely submission by the required deadline in coordination with the Compliance team
- Coordinate the responses for financial & regulatory reporting to external stakeholders in response to examination requests or various ad hoc requests
- Research & document the detailed quarter-end & annual business analysis for financial & regulatory reporting. Identify the key reporting risks & manage resolution or escalate accordingly
- Be a valued partner to the Accounting team & develop an in-depth understanding of various local markets GAAP, revenue recognition criteria & regulatory requirements
- Ensure a robust set of controls is operating properly through effective supervision, challenge & impact assessment
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify key data elements establish processes for external reporting to ensure data integrity for external financial & regulatory reporting
- Strong communication skills & be able to clearly articulate matters & report with several stakeholders, including the business, external auditors, etc., on financial results
- Understand front to back flows & the ability to partner with other functions to address inefficiencies
- Work with other functions to deliver process improvement in line with our strategic programs
- Possess a strong risk mind-set to challenge & influence the effectiveness of upstream controls to further strengthen the front to back control environment
- Keep abreast of all new & existing accounting pronouncements & regulatory requirements, & provide interpretative assistance to stakeholders, when appropriate
- Assist the External Reporting department with other ad hoc requests, when appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, with a strong understanding of accounting principles & capital markets
- 3-4 years of prior experience in the Financial Services industry, specifically dealing with complex global subsidiary structures
- 3-4 years prior experience regulatory reporting for a top-tier Financial Services company
- 3-4 years prior experience preparing financial statements & the accompanying footnote disclosures
- CPA or equivalent
- Understanding of both IFRS & US GAAP
- Experience working in an ERP system / environment
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills a must
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency markets is an advantage but not required
- A strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels with an ability to influence & constructively challenge traders
- Capable of running with projects
- Fast learner & team player
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand