The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities. Come work with one of the richest datasets in the world & make an impact on the lives of Redditors everywhere.
We are looking for a results-oriented & strategically minded Senior Data Scientist, Product Analytics to work with our International Growth team as Reddit expands its user base to emerging markets. This is a truly zero-to-one role where you will be able to work with Product, Engineering & Design to uncover greenfield & white space opportunities on how to grow Reddits presence in emerging markets.
How Youll Have Impact:
Today the majority of Reddits user base lives in the US. Reddits mission is to bring community & belonging to everyone in the world, which means well be making a major push to expand our audience internationally. Weve identified emerging markets as a key opportunity & need you to be a key player in exploring & understanding the key levers to drive growth.
What Youll Learn:
As a Data Scientist, you will become an expert in improving Reddits product-market fit for a global user base. Youll be pivotal in understanding how emerging market users interact with our product today & how that differs from other audiences. Youll be a champion to the users through evaluating performance of existing Reddit features for emerging market users, as well as uncovering opportunities for new experiences that are optimized for lower bandwidth internet connections.
You will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, Machine Learning, Search, Community Operations, Product Management practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making & product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, machine learning, & exploratory analysis.
What Youll Do:
- Partner cross functionally with Eng & Product leads to help define & execute international growths emerging market roadmap & initiatives as well as play a key role in Reddits first emerging markets playbook
- Become the expert at understanding user behavior & long-term trends in emerging markets
- Generate data-driven insights that propose next steps in the strategic roadmap including opportunity sizing new initiatives such as alternative onboarding & leveraging new technologies localized to emerging markets
- Design & evaluate A/B tests for product feature experiments to determine the effectiveness of product strategy
- Define team metrics & goals & work with the Data Warehouse team to create ETLs (extract/transform/load) & reporting dashboards
Who You Might Be:
- 6+ years of experience in quantitative analytical roles, preferably for growing at-scale consumer products outside the US
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis & programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Results-oriented with a strong customer & business focus
- Entrepreneurial & self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate & bias toward action in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to communicate & discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Ability to tackle ambiguous & undefined problems
- Previous experience with emerging market preferred
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.