Min. Experience: Entry-Mid Level
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
About the role:
Dataminrs Editors are an essential component of our companys success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality & making the AI platform more advanced. As an Editor on our Domain Expert team, you will annotate, label & edit signals from our data feeds in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process & our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. As an Editor on our Domain Expert team, you will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning & AI models. Please note that this role requires rotational weekend work as well as projects & meetings outside of business hours.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; & (3) serves as the in-house expert on Editorial style.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required; ideally with a concentration in journalism, english, international affairs, history
- Deep understanding of geopolitical risk issues that affect all continents & industries.
- Ability to monitor & analyze data in a fast-paced environment in both English & relevant language, if necessary.
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, & a great understanding of both social media & publicly available data
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Foreign language expertise a plus
- Monitor & analyze our data feeds & the quality of our signals
- Annotate complex breaking news events
- Provide expertise on a particular subject matter to improve our AI models
- Ability to make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Collaborate & communicate in a team-centric environment on daily priorities
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product & engineering teams
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered meals
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.