BuzzFeed is looking for a smart, detail-oriented person to serve as a full-time freelance Community Editor in our New York office. This person will be responsible for editing & featuring user-generated content for the site & forming working relationships with our Community Contributors.
This is an ideal position for an individual who would like an opportunity to work with an active online community who prides themselves on their excellent grammar & attention to detail, & is comfortable in a dynamic start-up environment. This role is primarily an editing role but with opportunities to write.
This role may require a five-day workweek with availability both Saturday & Sunday. Please indicate weekend availability when you apply.
- Reviewing, editing, & promoting user-generated posts
- Escalating flagged posts to Community Editors
- Help identify formats/frames/trends coming from the Community
Communicate clearly & positively with BuzzFeeds Community users
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills & ability to coordinate & strategize effectively with other Community Editors
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Proven interest in & knowledge of social media & digital publishing
- Ability to thrive & be highly effective in a fast-paced & fluid environment
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.