Working as part of the global communications team, Shutterstocks Communications Intern will be responsible for supporting the Communications function of the business by actively tracking media coverage & supporting announcements & activities by compiling briefing documents & research. They will take an active role in creating & maintaining media lists, coverage reports, & communications plans. They will also collaborate with our content marketing & social media teams to create & schedule content across Shutterstocks social properties.
Responsibilities will include:
- Research & draft press materials including briefings, releases, alerts, pitches, plans, award submissions, talk proposals & media lists.
- Maintain living lists of reporters across multiple verticals that can be leveraged for various news announcements.
- Actively track & report company news mentions as well as competitive monitoring.
- Manage & enhance the development & maintenance of department processes & procedures.
- Maintain & expand list of relevant awards, speaking any byline opportunities for the brand as well as its senior leaders.
- Work with other team members & outside consultants in a goal-oriented manner.
- Work with events, social & marketing teams on trade show attendance, sponsorship opportunities, engagement tactics & external communications.
- Assist with managing blogger partners & speaking bureau.
- Relevant agency PR or journalism experience.
- Passion for results & sense of urgency to accomplish goals.
- Experience with public speaking & presenting.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline & results-driven environment.
- A willingness to embrace change & adapt strategies on the fly.
- Exceptional organizational, project management & creative problem-solving skills.
Note, this internship will run through mid-December with the potential for extension & will be paid at a rate of $15/hour. You must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours/week.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V