About the right team member:
Are you a process-driven problem solver who loves checking items off your to-do list? Do you thrive on turning inefficiencies into seamless processes? Does making complex tasks efficient & intuitive energize you? Do you seek to help scale solutions that aim to delight & empower clients?
Betterment for Business, Betterments 401(k) product, is seeking an extremely detail-oriented operations Associate with a passion for organization. You grasp complex topics quickly & are adept at thinking on your feet to solve problems in a creative & holistic manner. Youre focused on actionability, always thinking so what? & now what? & enjoy the challenge of reimagining existing processes to make them better.
Youre a natural communicator who enjoys interacting with other people to address any issue that comes your way. Youre skilled at working cross-functionally with client-facing teams & motivating others to always keep the common goal in mind. For us, that goal is providing an exceptional experience to our 401(k) clients.
This role is part of the Operations team within Betterment for Business. Were the go-to group for 401(k) operations & compliance. We excel at picking up difficult problems & delivering creative solutions. We move fast, & were keen on efficiency & iteration. Were laser focused on striving for excellence. We empower each other to take ownership & lead the charge to create solutions that last. Come join us!
At Betterment you will get to:
- Play an integral role in shaping our client onboarding process for Betterment 401(k) plans
- Drive daily plan sponsor & participant-focused operations, including reviewing & processing key account transactions, assessing recordkeeping discrepancies & resolving plan sponsor or third-party administrator questions
- Play an active role in plan conversions & onboarding of Betterment 401(k) plans for employers
- Collaborate with the Relationship Management, Sales & Client Servicing teams to provide a unified & delightful client experience
- Review 401(k) plan documents & provide thoughtful design recommendations, & draft pre-approved plan documents
- Ensure adherence to current procedures & controls, & make recommendations to improve efficiency & scalability
- Use creative problem solving skills to tackle operational challenges, investigate why they happened, & collaborate with the engineering, product, & design teams to develop solutions
- Be an internal voice & champion for 401(k) processes to offer insights to Product, Design, & Engineering to help build a better product
You will be effective if you have:
- A Bachelors Degree (required)
- 2+ years of professional 401(k), financial services, or related fields
- A detail-oriented mindset & excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- The ability to learn quickly & problem solve on the fly with limited guidance
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Strong intuition & ability to assess unclear situations with limited information
- Superior judgment, professionalism, poise, & ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated proficiency in both the Google Suite & Microsoft Office
Bonus points if you have:
- Proficiency in SQL
- Prior professional experience at a 401(k) plan recordkeeper or third-party administrator
- Industry credentials (e.g., QKA, QPA)
- Familiarity with & interest in personal finance & investing
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.