Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data & FinTech & we are looking for a DevOps Engineerto join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. Fully automated & deeply connected with its 200,000+ customers, Kabbage provides access to funding in minutes, extends more than $10 million every day to small businesses, & powers borrowing experiences for some of the largest companies in the world. While we've received numerous awards & recognitionsuch as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, GlassDoors Best Places to Work, & Forbes FinTech 50it is our people, our culture, & our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, & do their best work. Our commitment to diversity & inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, & our customers. We are fully focused on equality & believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin & all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Automate everythingserver updates, server provisioning, deployments, updates, security patchesseriously, everything.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain & improve build controller & release management process.
- Automate the provisioning of our servers & environments.
- Maintain & improve system monitoring.
- Look for ways to improve existing processes by way of automation.
- Work closely with engineering & architecture teams.
What we're looking for in you:
- Organization & Planning:Plans, organizes, & schedules in an efficient, productive manner; focuses on key priorities.
- Analytical Skills:Able to structure & process qualitative or quantitative data & draw insightful conclusions from it; exhibits a probing mind & achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to Detail:Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactivity/Initiative:Acts without being told what to do; brings new ideas to the company. Actively finds ways to make improvements at work.
- Flexibility/Adaptability:Adjusts quickly to changing priorities & conditions; copes effectively with complexity & change.
- Calm Under Pressure/Resilience:maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress; remains composed & productive under pressure/stress.
- Work Ethic:Possesses a strong willingness to work hard & sometimes long hours to get the job done; has a track record of working hard.
- High Standards:Expects personal performance & team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Communication:Communicates information, ideas, & concepts clearly.
- Teamwork/ Collaboration:Reaches out to peers & cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship. Works well with a range of people from across the business.
What you should have:
Were looking for DevOps engineers with experience in the following:
- Cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Continuous integration & continuous deployment, adopting the modern practices of IaC (Infrastructure as Code).
- Build automation tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, CruiseControl, GoCD, Travis CI, CircleCI, or Octopus.
- Configuration automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Writing scripts to automate deployments & server provisioning (PowerShell, Bash, Python).
- Containers using Docker & other tools such as Amazon Container Services, Swarm, Gradle, Kubernetes, or Mesos
- Managing Linux & Windows hosts including a general knowledge of IIS, Apache, Nginx, & AD.
- Production analytics & monitoring.
- Identifying improvements in systems management in the development process.
- Implementing system management strategies optimized for rapid feedback & high availability.
- Experience using build management tools such as MSBuild, gulp, Maven, make, Ant.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantageour way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, & exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, & onsite fitness classes.
While our perks & benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, & resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, & problem solvers. And we dont do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low ego individuals who work hard to communicate effectively & work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating & separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.