Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Role: (This is a 6-month temporary role with potential to become permanent)
The Creative Operations Manager is responsible for designing, managing, optimizing, & messaging work management standards, processes, & special projects for the Creative team.
Ensuring transparency, efficiency, & clear communications across the Creative teams internal & cross-functional projects, the Operations Manager works with a range of stakeholders & Creatives Copy, Design, Video & Build team members, to streamline projects big & small & bring them to fruition.
A clear communicator & impeccable organizer, this detail-oriented collaborator thrives in a busy environment, juggling multiple projects at once. This person harnesses, organizes, & documents the resources & tools created by the Creative team, & develops scalable processes to distribute them & ensure their proper usage.
A natural leader who easily commands the respect of the team & builds trusted relationships at all levels will play a pivotal role in driving Creative team resources in cross-functional endeavors. In this aspect, this person solicits stakeholder & user input, organizes & streamlines project logistics, & works across disciplines to troubleshoot, optimize, & collaborate.
An enthusiastic problem solver who thrives on being engaged at all levels of delivery, the Creative Operations Manager confidently collaborates with in-house General Assembly teams, such as marketing & engineering, senior leadership, & more, to ensure the organization is poised to meet the objectives & goals of each project on time.
- Work closely with the Creative Director & Team Leads to document, communicate, & facilitate best practices for special projects, BAU workflows, & rollout of creative resources.
- Manage the Creative Production team to seamlessly build & update new web pages & develop content management systems; set goals & expectations for Creative Operations Associate & other junior talent in this function where applicable.
- Develop scalable creative production processes including work intake & prioritization processes; creating templates for frequently used operational documentation; writing asset usage & other guidelines; enhance visibility of Creative team members & responsibilities by knowledge sharing across internal tools such as Confluence, JIRA, & Slack.
- Leverage technical acumen & emotional intelligence to translate business needs & resources across engineering & Creative teams in the development, maintenance, & debugging of GAs proprietary website Drupal CMS
- Collaborate with key members of the Marketing team to represent & streamline Creative workflows in multi-touch campaigns big & small, establishing timelines, asset parameters, & go-to-market strategies.
- Work closely with the Finance, Legal, & Creative teams to maintain freelancer onboarding including contracting & invoicing.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years hands-on project management experience, preferably in an Agile environment in service of product development work with heavy content delivery.
- Experience managing cross-departmental work in JIRA or similar project management tools.
- Model a philosophy of curiosity- & trust-based conflict resolution.
- Excellent written & general communication skills, with flexible voice that can adapt to messaging across a range of internal platforms & audiences.
- Working experience in creative disciplines involving copy and/or design a plus.