Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
You will become a member of the fast expanding Financial Solutions & Payments team & be part of an international, skilled, cross-functional environment where roles are not set in stone can include aspects of engineering, product management, build, deployment & operational management & designing. If you want to work full-stack all-round, that's perfect, if you want to specialize more in one area, that's great too! Your responsibilities will grow to match your abilities & experience, & then some.
What a day is like
You will build beautiful, robust, cross-device compatible UI & features, & ensure a sufficient coverage with automated tests. You will build reusable codes & libraries for future use, collaborating with the team in an Agile/Scrum environment. You will ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX design & be involved in taking a product from concept to release, & assume responsibility for the success of the product.
Engagingin discussions about & contribute solutions towards making both incremental & drastic changes in our frontend framework & writing high-quality, tested, peer-reviewed code, & identifying opportunities & implementing solutions to improve engineering productivity.
You're perfect for this role if you:
You also have:
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience developing web applications with large scope & complexity
- Experience working with Docker & Docker Compose
- Experience working in agile & scrum methodologies
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely to engineers, designers, & product managers
- Experience with client-side build tools such as Webpack or Rollup.js
- Experience with front-end testing frameworks (e.g. Cypress.io, Selenium)
- Experience with Kubernetes & Helm
- Experience with Angular, Node.js, socket.io
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS & SASS
- Basic understanding of PWA (Progressive Web Apps) & Electron
- Experience contributing to open source projects & building side projects in your own time
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, & their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan & at home internet
- Lunch & snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package & equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, & many more.