Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data & FinTech & we are looking for a Technical Accountant to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. Fully automated & deeply connected with its 185,000+ customers, Kabbage provides access to funding in minutes, extends more than $10 million every day to small businesses, & powers borrowing experiences for some of the largest companies in the world. While we've received numerous awards & recognitionsuch as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, Glassdoors Best Places to Work, & Forbes FinTech 50it is our people, our culture, & our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, & do their best work. Our commitment to diversity & inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, & our customers. We are fully focused on equality & believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin & all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Maintain key accounting policies, analyze new accounting pronouncements, & lead preparation of month, quarter, & year-end financial statements/reports.
The right person for this job has strong communication, organizational, & analytical skills. Has the ability to serve as a company-wide technical accounting resource for ad-hoc questions & initiatives.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform technical accounting research, develop recommendations & prepare technical accounting memos for all accounting areas, including significant & non-routine transactions entered into
- Manage the regular review & updating of the companys accounting positions & policies & ensure consistent application across the company
- Lead the research & implementation of newly issued accounting pronouncements, including developing strategy & project management of the implementation, supporting accounting in the developing the ongoing procedures & controls post-implementation, & presentation of positions, implications & alternatives to management & external auditors
- Manage the financial reporting process to ensure timely delivery of monthly, quarterly & annual required financial information & statements, as well as the related discussion & analysis to executive management, the board of directors & our lenders
- Ownership of supporting workpaper documentation for the financial statements
- Lead the preparation of subsidiary financial statements to meet all statutory obligations
- Assist with the development of an internal control framework & documentation of internal control activities & policies
- Lead the annual impairment testing effort, including coordination of external valuations (when necessary) & act as a liaison between external valuation experts & the external audit team.
- Support various external audit requirements
What we're looking for in you:
- Collaboration: Working well with a range of people from across the business.
- Communication: Communicates information, ideas, & concepts clearly
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure & process qualitative or quantitative data & draw insightful conclusions from it; exhibits a probing mind & achieves penetrating insights.
- Organization & Planning: Plans, organizes, & schedules in an efficient, productive manner; focuses on key priorities; manages time well
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Problem Solving: Provides practical solutions to problems.
What you should have:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of experience, with at least 6 years in public accounting
- CPA License required
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Experience working in a fast-paced growth environment
- Financial services experience preferred
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantageour way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, & exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, & onsite fitness classes.
While our perks & benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, & resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, & problem solvers. And we dont do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-ego individuals who work hard to communicate effectively & work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating & separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.