* This is a full-time summer internship in New York City. Latch is unable to provide summer housing or a relocation stipend for summer interns. Additionally, interns must be able to commit to working full-time over the summer, 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring a Mechanical Engineering Intern for our Hardware Team to support new product development & testing. As a Mechanical Engineering Intern, youll work on bringing real products to market, & design plastic & metal parts for concept development & production. Working with our hardware team, youll gain valuable experience with hands-on prototyping technologies & understand the details that drive decision making.
The engineering team works in a fast-paced & highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, youll be given ownership of projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully-integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Design of mechanical test fixtures
- Design & automation of mechanical test fixtures
- Prototyping of specialized mechanisms & new product concepts
- Researching new & existing technologies to help drive Latchs hardware roadmap
- Analyzing & reviewing mechanical assemblies & failure modes
- Measurement, comparison, & analysis of mechanical components
- Testing, evaluation, & troubleshooting of mechanical systems (DFMEA, DFM, DFA)
- Creating high-quality presentations to communicate with internal & overseas stakeholders
- Preparing technical documentation to ensure reliability, quality, & compliance
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar field (preference for those graduating Winter 2020 or Spring 2021)
- Proficient with CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Hands-on experience in a makerspace or machine shop
- Passion for consumer electronics & prototyping
- Familiarity working with Arduinos or general electrical engineering lab experience
- Familiarity with electronics manufacturing & testing a plus
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, & share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents & property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards & Penn Station in New York City. Interns will have the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, & fast-paced office environment. Come grow with us.