The Sourcing Coordinator will support ongoing operations & new product launches. This position will work closely with the Product Development, Quality, & Sourcing teams to ensure all information is available in a timely manner so that finished product will be produced on time & new product launches will be successfully executed.
What you'll do:
- Work with suppliers of raw materials to ensure all material information is available for QA review & approval.
- Request material samples from suppliers in response to requests from the Sourcing & Product Development teams.
- Responsible for gathering information from suppliers & manufacturing sites & communicating updates & status to all teams.
- Provide support to the Sourcing Managers on raw material information requests or availability concerns.
- Support reformulation initiatives.
- Support QA continuous improvement efforts & ongoing supplier management using our Quality Management System.
- Specification updates, including responsibility for providing input on physical characteristics of ingredients.
- Develop vendor scorecard format & track/monitor ongoing vendor performance.
- Issue rolling forecasts for ingredient vendors.
- Contract management (tracking contract expiration dates, ensuring all contract documentation is organized).
- Updating documentation packages for manufacturing sites (approved vendor lists, new/updated ingredient specifications, etc.).
- Assist with administrative tasks as required to meet the demands of the Sourcing team & facilitate growth of the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Sourcing.
Who you are:
- Four year degree required. Background in Operations, Industrial Engineering, Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- 1 to 3 years experience in food manufacturing, preferably in supply chain or operations.
- Excellent verbal & written communications & oral presentation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly (written & verbal) & in an engaging manner with colleagues of various levels of experience & management.
- Strong analytical skills using Excel & data management tools.
- Strong planning & organizational skills. Ability to prioritize & plan work activities with minimal supervision. Uses time efficiently.
- Highly adaptable & flexible. Able to manage competing demands, deal with frequent change & unexpected events.
- Demonstrates accuracy & thoroughness in work
- Bias for action & drive to produce results.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships. Heavy interface with Product Development, Sourcing, Manufacturing & external suppliers.
- Highly effective ability to collaborate, negotiate, influence & network with a wide range of diverse groups, including senior leadership, management, & vendors.
- High level proficiency in computer applications & systems including Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- An office freezer full of smoothies, soups, overnight oats, & chia puddings
- A dynamic, ambitious & fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.