At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, & Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
As an open marketplace, TpT allows any educator to share their expertise with the world. And with millions of resources, there is truly something for everyone on Teachers Pay Teachers. But not every resource is the right match for every educator that comes to TpT. The Resource Quality Team is hard at work figuring out how to connect our users with the content on TpT that best serves their individual needs.
Working with our experienced engineering team, youll help us build out an engaging review system to collect buyer signals on the quality & content of resources as well as explore other ways we might use the TpT platform to better understand what makes each resource unique. Youll work on engaging user experiences & sophisticated domain driven services in an agile, iterative environment.
By better understanding our resources, we can more effectively solve the challenges facing todays educators!
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Experience with building, scaling, & monitoring resilient systems
- Enjoys working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Comfortable with mentoring teammates, communicating, & teaching your learnings
Extra Points for
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor