At GIPHY, were building the worlds largest animated GIF search engine & redefining how people search, discover, create, & share GIFs. Since 2014 we have been developing an all-in-one GIF platform with multiple product offerings, touching hundreds of millions of users per day & serving billions of GIFs per month.
Our BD team is responsible for originating & managing GIPHYs strategic partnerships. In that capacity, GIPHYs BD team works closely with the most important media & tech brands in the world. As we grow our platform product & business offerings were looking for an ambitious & experienced BD Manager who can help drive the team forward to bigger & better things.
You are someone who is comfortable taking meetings at any level, & who can work through a tricky product problem as easily as you can navigate a contractual negotiation. You will pitch GIPHY to our most important prospective partners & so you can craft a deck with the best of em.
As a GIPHY employee you exemplify our love for the internet & for pushing the boundaries of whats possible with content online.
This role will be based in New York City & may require some travel.
What you'll do:
- SDK platform growth
- You will own the core distribution strategy for growing the adoption of GIPHYs SDK & developer tools
- Prospect new opportunities for GIPHY in addition to managing existing relationships with developers using our suite of products
- Nurture & scale GIPHYs developer community to increase awareness of our services & tools
- Maintain strong relationships with developers on our platform
- Establish strategic partnerships that drive significant contributions to GIPHYs business goals
- Lead the SDK deal process managing strategy/planning, prospecting, negotiation & implementation
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5+ years of work experience in business development or a relevant field
- Experience implementing product solutions with technology partners.
- Experience in working with developers & ability to understand technical aspects related to SDK platforms
- Self-motivated & comfortable operating in a startup environment.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- You love GIFs & GIF culture