Level 5, part of Woven Planet, is developing self-driving technology using a machine-learned approach to create safe mobility for everyone. Our goal is to build level 4 autonomous vehicles to improve personal transportation on a global scale. Woven Planet is a software-first subsidiary of Toyota whose vision is to create mobility of people, goods, & information that everyone can enjoy & trust.
As part of Woven Planet, Level 5 has the backing of one of the worlds largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, & the opportunity for near-term product impact & revenuea combination rarely seen in the AV industry.
Level 5 is looking for doers & creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. Weve built a diverse & talented group of software & hardware engineers, & each has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our self-driving stack.
Our team of more than 300 works in brand new garages & labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in the Silicon Valley, & explores the AV industrys most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from more than 800 Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, Level 5s work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe. And were moving fast in Level 5s first 18 months, we launched an employee pilot, & are now testing our fourth generation vehicle platform in San Francisco. Learn more at level-5.global.
In London, our team is working on accelerating autonomous driving by exploring novel CV/ML solutions on petabytes of data collected from AVs & our own Fleet vehicles. This enables us to tackle some of the hardest problems in self-driving, from building accurate & up-to-date 3D maps, to understanding human driving patterns, to increasing the sophistication of our simulation tests by having access to rare real-world driving situations. By leveraging this data, Level 5 is uniquely positioned to develop safe, efficient, & intuitive self-driving systems.
- Work with other Computer Vision & Machine Learning engineers on high-impact projects & innovate new solutions to problems in the self-driving space
- Leverage data derived from one of the largest vehicle networks in the world to accelerate autonomous driving technology
- Develop cutting-edge mapping, localisation & perception algorithms operating on commodity sensors like cameras
- Work on distributed computer vision & machine learning systems that can do this at unprecedented scale
- Be a team player; uplift others through mentoring & inclusion efforts
- BSc / MSc / PhD or industrial experience in computer vision or related field, for example
- 3D Perception
- Sensor fusion
- Object recognition
- 3D reconstruction
- Optical flow
- Depth estimation
- Multi-view geometry
- Experience with Python / C++
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & collaborate across teams & disciplines with great interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity.
We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.