Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 400 employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Singapore & London. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About The Role
Foursquare is seeking a passionate, curious, & talented Senior Designer to join the Brand Design team. This is a fantastic & unique opportunity to be part of the bring three companies together & rebranding one of the iconic US startups. Youll play a crucial role in bringing the new brand to life through our sales collateral, presentations, website, swag & event branding. This role requires extensive collaboration with our marketing, sales & product teams to deliver visual solutions that will directly impact the growth of our business.
As a Lead Designer at Foursquare, youll help communicate our brand & products through thoughtful visual storytelling & compelling design. You understand that the key to great design is great communication, & you obsess over understanding our users so that your work is relevant & insightful to our audience.
- Work closely with Marketing, Product & Sales teams to create assets & materials that reflect the Foursquare brand, communicate our value, & create engagement with our clients & partners
- Contribute as a designer & illustrator to create & execute marketing & branding initiatives such as presentations (decks & templates), whitepapers, landing pages, social media assets, swag, iconography, animated GIFs, website assets, infographics, & print & digital campaigns.
- Conceptualize design solutions, provide oversight & ensure brand consistency & high standards of creative execution for the development of visual materials. Youll be responsible for project intake, execution & delivery.
- Partner with Product Marketing Managers to concept new & creative solutions to communicate complex topics simply, & refine project strategies & translate them into strong designs.
- Create templates for various types of assets.
- Partner with the marketing team to work cross-functionally with other creative team members, developers, & project leads to deliver quality designs.
- Passion & ability to expand brand expression, visual identity systems & B2B experiences.
- Be an advocate for exceptional visual design at Foursquare.
- 5+ years as a visual or brand designer for an in-house brand/marketing team or design agency; bonus points if you've worked in a startup or tech company.
- A strong portfolio showcasing strengths in illustration, content layout, typography, design systems, storytelling & a wide breadth of marketing executions
- Experience with data visualization & infographics & can visualize complex data into an consumable, visual format
- Proficient in motion graphics/animation/video (After Effects, Adobe Premiere) a huge plus
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, able to organize, prioritize & produce results independently, work within tight deadlines, & manage all aspects of a project
- Thrives in a fast paced work environment that is ever changing
- Knowledge in front-end development (eg: HTML, CSS, JS)
- Experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX & UI) product design
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.