Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
As the Accounting Manager you will play a key role on our growing Accounting team during this exciting period of high growth & process transformation. Reporting to the Senior Director of Accounting, you will have an exciting opportunity to contribute to & manage the financial close process for a fast-paced, extremely successful & high energy company.
What Youll Do:
- Assist in the timely management of the month end financial statement close & reporting process for areas including, but not limited to, revenue, leases, accounts payable & accrued expenses
- Review & approve journal entries & reconciliations prepared by junior staff accountants on a weekly & monthly basis
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding & accounting
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies & communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Continually develop, scale & improve month end close & financial reporting procedures to support the reduction of the close timeline
- Partner with Technical Accounting to ensure all processes & procedures are in compliance with ASC 606 & ASC 842
- Communicate with various internal & external partners at various levels
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise
- Participate in special projects relating to ERP implementation projects & ad hoc analyses as requested
- Mentor & train junior accountants
- You have a Bachelors degree in Accounting
- You have your CPA license
- You have 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, potentially including a mix of private & public accounting experience
- You have a strong understanding of US GAAP
- You have experience working with ERP systems - Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus
- You have very strong Excel skills & are comfortable with analyzing & manipulating large data sets
- You are a highly organized detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & within a team environment
- You have an investigative & curious nature, loving problem-solving & utilizing your analytical skill set
- You have a strong work ethic & a can-do positive attitude
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.