AccuWeather, recognized & documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts & warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries & tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; & offices in New York City & elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities & get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel & AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces & distributes news, weather content, & video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning & propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast Minute by Minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy , the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience & comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 & thousands of other businessines in the U.S. & globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 & is considered the father of modern commercial meteorology. Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker & visionary, has been named the most accurate man in weather by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneurs Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
The Mobile Quality Engineer (QE) of Automation provides support to the Mobile QE Automation Lead & Manager & is responsible for building an automation test suite. You will leverage tools such as Jenkins, Java, Appium, Selenium or framework tools designed by the Mobile QE Automation Lead. This role is also responsible for designing, implementing & supporting solutions for automation testing regression & in-sprint automation.
This mid-level position may be based at either of AccuWeather's offices in New York City or State College, Pennsylvania, but candidates who plan to work remotely in North America will also be considered.
- Develop, maintain, & support automation suite for regression testing
- Support CI/CD Pipeline & ensure seamless integration of testing assets into pipeline
- Maintain technical proficiency for programming languages & industry standard processes
- Review, investigate & follow defects logging processes based on daily & weekly Automation runs
- Ensure proper version control & configuration management for all mobile environments used
- Support & monitor daily health checks in place
- Be a self-starter & self-governing within an Agile environment
- Drive in-sprint automation within core team by working in collaboration with Design UI/UX, Development & Product
- Follow coding best practices while scripting
- Develop automation script using internal automation framework & suggest improvements/innovations as necessary
- Infrequently travel to AccuWeathers offices in New York City, Montreal & State College, Pennsylvania, after the pandemic is anticipated
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Engineering
- 2 or more years of experience of testing with REST/SOAP
- 3 or more years of automation hands-on experience in test automation framework, coding within Mobile test domain (Appium, Selenium, Java, etc.)
- General/Technical Skills:
- Solid understanding of test processes & methodology
- Competent in building automation scripts & working with Cloud native architecture, CI/CD pipeline, Java, Appium, Selenium, Jenkins, API, Micro-Services
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC, requirement analysis & test management practices
- Working knowledge of initiating automation test runs through SauceLabs or similar platform
- Hands-on knowledge of test automation using Selenium, Appium, Java or equivalent & an understanding of best coding practices
- Experience with CI/CD & related techniques & tools
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of analytics
- Demonstrated to be a self-initiator & able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical & communication skills
- In the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI & WY
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants & existing employees & we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information.