With your accounting, tax & FP&A knowledge, youll be the first member of the Finance team in our new Italian geography. Youll work with the local Operations, Marketing & Management teams as well as with the Group Finance team in Berlin. You will be an integral part of a fast growing company, making sure that our finance processes can follow our ramp up in volumes. We are looking for someone with the analytical rigor & intellectual drive to advance our finance operations & business overall. You are an accountant who wants to make your mark on a successful & growing team. You are an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with people who possess a diverse set of talents. You are dedicated to details & enjoy managing competing priorities.
What youll do
- Report to our local leadership team & take ownership of all things month-end close - reconciliations, month-end journals, analysis of budget variances, Group reporting pack
- Responsible for day-to-day financial operations, including managing cash flows, processing supplier invoices, delivering regular & ad hoc reporting & responding to Finance-related employee queries
- Maintain a close relationship with our internal & external tax advisors to ensure that local processes, such as VAT returns & employee expense claims, are in line with local regulations
- Responsible for finding & implementing solutions on complex issues (both financial & operational) with a constant mindset of continuous improvement e.g. day to day efficiency gains, internal control improvements & month end close process, tech/tool enhancements
- Have the opportunity to provide in-depth value adding analysis to both financial & non-financial senior management which could have a lasting impact on the group globally
What youll bring
- Passion, drive & fantastic communication skills
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance & a qualified CA/ACCA/CPA (or equivalent)
- A strong working knowledge of accounting concepts & standards
- 3+ years experience working in finance & accounting.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced business & a role which involves hands-on accounting & a broad range of responsibilities.
- An eye & appreciation for detail & an understanding of data structures & complex systems/workflows
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets & exposure to an ERP system (experience with Oracle Fusion would be advantageous)
- Keen to grow with a fast-growing organisation & turn your experience with HelloFresh into a platform for future career growth
- Proactive, ambitious, & assertive: you take ownership of your work & think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Excited to work for a food-tech business that is transforming the way people shop & eat
- A person who thrives under pressure & doesnt shy away from hard work
- English proficiency is a plus
What we offer
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- Direct, high impact on our product & operations setup from day one
- A vibrant, international environment with mission-driven colleagues
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- Competitive compensation & plenty of room for personal growth
- Benefit from our selection of employee perks (significant reduction on your HelloFresh boxes, development initiatives, free drinks & snacks in the office, etc.)
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub, Berlin, weve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our finance group ensures (i) accurate, transparent & timely reporting to our shareholders & capital markets, given HFGs position as a prominent public company & member of the MDAX & Stoxx Europe indices, (ii) best-in-class planning & analysis to enable good management decisions & (iii) optimized funding to facilitate continued growth across our 14 markets. The group prides itself in being a poster child of HelloFreshs DNA, embodying ruthless prioritization & data drivenness.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart & soul of our diverse, fast-paced & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace & welcome diversity & we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply & will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer everyone is welcome at our table.