At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Marketing builds awareness by sharing stories about how using Cloudflare can make a positive impact for customers & prospects. This spans stories across all channels of customer communication: our website, blog, emails, social media, events, ads, etc. We see & shape the beauty of a networking story.
About the Role
Cloudflare has built out a world-class marketing team comprised of demand generation, product marketing, event/field marketing, content strategy, & brand marketing, with a web team in place to help do interactive production. Our marketing department is looking for someone who thinks creatively & is passionate about the craft of writing.
The ideal candidate will live & breathe in the digital space & weigh the importance of every ounce of copy. You think in headlines & CTAs & can tell a story in as few words as possible.
- Delivering on copywriting requests from all channels newsletters, articles, whitepapers, landing pages, blog posts, & other assets in order to drive growth & establish Cloudflare as a thought leader.
- Editing/proofreading of content with excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, communications, & our executive team to create compelling statements that draw attention without sounding forced.
- Ability to write in a range of tones from humorous & lighthearted to serious & thoughtful.
- Proven record of success driving sales growth through copy optimization.
- Excels at managing & executing against a high volume of concurrent work streams.
- Strong sense of narrative & editorial skills.
- Track record of production across long/short-form writing, video script writing, brand copy, & digital marketing copy.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, Creative Writing, Journalism or English or relevant experience.
- 4+ years relevant experience, preferably in B2B SaaS.
- Please include a cover letter that mentions which specific Cloudflare product youre most interested in.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.