Aligning our interests with those of the planet, Poppin is kicking its Green initiative into gear, & seeking a high-octane (er, supercharged) candidate to lead us forward. The Director, Sustainability is a new role created to recommend & manage the green material composition of products & packaging, the energy & waste reduction of optimized logistics & handling, & the calibration of marketing & messaging. The ideal candidate will draw on a solid technical background of specific experience in this burgeoning field, having worked across development, marketing, & business teams with proven success. The position will report to Poppins VP of Design & work most intricately with our designers, engineers, merchants, & overseas suppliers, while partnering throughout the organization.
- Assemble & maintain a catalog of green materials & suppliers for use in product & packaging
- Work alongside our designers & engineers specifying components & part composition
- Interface with our overseas team & production partners reviewing material specification & testing
- Standardize new practices to reclaim & reuse discarded product & packaging in the field
- Work with our logistics team to reduce inefficiencies of transport, storage, & delivery
- Develop a framework & metrics for evaluating the environmental impact of our many initiatives
- Guide brand messaging around integral themes of flexibility, reuse & conservation
- Engage with leading certifiers of green accreditation to direct all corporate compliance & testing (e.g., Cradle to Cradle, FSC, Greenguard, LEED, OEKO-TEK, WELL)
- Degree in mechanical and/or environmental science
- 8-10 years experience in a successful business environment
- Proven ability to problem solve & arrive at clever solutions
- Keen interest in, & knowledge of leading material innovations & processes
- Broad knowledge of building materials properties & functional characteristics
- Experience leading teams & managing direct reports
- Strong written & verbal communication & presentation skills
- Ability to travel internationally up to 4 times a year
- Ability to correspond after hours with our overseas team
- Excellent time management skills
- Business / project management / communication software skills a must
- Proficiency with Solidworks a plus
We believe that outfitting your office should be easythat's why weve reimagined the way people shop for their workspace. By eliminating middlemen, weve created a complete collection of commercial-grade office furniture, privacy phone booths, & supplies while lowering prices & reducing delivery times. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, businesses rely on Poppin for complete workspace solutions to help build their brand & culture.
Recognized by Crains as one of NYs fastest-growing businesses, we have furniture showrooms in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, & Washington DC. Our award-winning products are used in over 50,000 offices & sold in 3,000 retail locations nationwide.
Work happy isn't just our tagline, it's our ethos. We offer our team a mix of traditional & unconventional perks & pride ourselves on providing top-notch benefits.