VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, & Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Art Director (Contract)
REPORTS TO: Lead Creative, VIRTUE
OVERVIEW: VIRTUE Worldwides Toronto office is looking for a strong, smart, organized Art Director with 4-5 years professional work experience with a strong focus on content marketing & branding. The perfect candidate has a wide range of experience working on big brands, an acute understanding of strategic thinking & a strong creative instinct. They should embrace a dynamic, energetic work environment, & relish the opportunity to break new ground & try something thats never been done before. Strong research skills are an asset as well as an awareness of current events, issues, news, events, & pop culture. The position calls for close attention to detail, as the nature of the work is fast-paced.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizing daily requests & projects
- Communicating with project managers on design project needs & requests
- Delegating roles & duties on projects
- Coordinating freelancers & designers for projects
- Problem solving & taking design feedback from clients & creative director
- Providing oversight & quality control for designs
- Designing print ads, posters, signage for spaces, flyers, & various print collateral
- Experiential design
- Designing online banner ads, newsletters & website takeovers
- Extensive work for mockups & pitchesfrom websites to products & spaces
- Presentation layout & cleanup (PPT & Keynote)
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Fine Arts or related field
- 4-5 years of professional experience in design
- Resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail, & creative problem solving skills
- Ability to delegate resources & communicate effectively & articulately with designers & salespeople
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities & assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong proficiency & experience in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign)
- Proficiency & experience in Keynote & Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of photography, layout & colour
- Familiarity with MAC computers preferred.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying & we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, & any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises & to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, & respects the dignity & independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.