Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Quality Improvement Operations Coordinator to join our Quality Improvement team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Quality Improvement (QI) program seeks to continuously improve the member care & services provided by Oscar & our network partners. In this role, you will work on submissions for Oscars NCQA accreditation & monitoring of adherence to standards for maintaining accreditation. You will take ownership of aspects of submission & quality assurance processes as well as identify areas for potential improvement. And you will build a deep understanding of the operational processes Oscar uses to drive its core functions.
You will work closely with several members of the Quality Team as well as other business units across the company. Externally, youll interface with NCQA surveyors during onsite file reviews. As the organization scales & expands into new markets, we are looking for people who are excited to grow with us.
You'll report directly into the Quality Improvement Manager
- Provide support for Oscar health plan & corporate accreditations
- Bookmark policies, annual reports, & subcommittee reports/minutes for submission for NCQA
- Ensure all member & provider materials are adherent to NCQA standards
- Monitor automation of file review components
- Act as a subject matter expertise & provide education on NCQA standards related to marketing materials & the provider directory
- 3+ years of healthcare related experience in project coordination, quality improvement/management, managed care or population health.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required, bachelors degree preferred
- Familiarity with Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel skills
- Familiarity with NCQA accreditation programs (ie. Health Plan, Utilization Management, Credentialing, Provider Network, Multicultural Health Care, Population Health Program, Case Management, MBHO, etc.)
- Have knowledge around industry best practices & regulatory compliant reporting
- Experience in SQL or similar database languages
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care, information systems, social sciences, public health or other related fields required.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.