Magic Leap is seeking an enthusiastic Control Software Engineer who can develop software required to operate advanced manufacturing equipment & provide software support.
Qualified candidates need to be detail oriented, self-starting, & independent. Experience & demonstrated expertise with the control systems, SW development, thorough understanding of software system requirements, writing test procedures, debugging code, bug fixing & managing SW release packages is a must.
This position requires ability to handle tasks involving considerable use of discretion & independent judgement. Additionally, candidate must have some experience and/or demonstrated ability to work with electromechanical systems controlled by software.
For a right candidate this position provides unique opportunity for growth into a senior role.
- Design, develop equipment controls & user interface Software utilizing/reusing existing SW modules & architecture where possible.
- Learn current code base, device unit tests to run in simulation environment, test/bug fix, contribute towards continuous improvement.
- Identify & document user requirements by conferring with internal Engineering, Process, & Customers
- Provides technical support & helps with troubleshooting & improvement activities.
- Create & update operator guides, technical service support manuals & training literature
- 2 to 4 hours per day hands-on testing of capital equipment in a cleanroom
- Domestic travel as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Reasonable SW development skills in C/C++, C# or Java.
- Some programming experience in LabVIEW & any scripting language.
- Exposure to Computer vision, Machine learning & deep learning.
- Interest and/or experience in Mechatronics.
- Strong understanding of coding process, documentation, standards & maintainability
- Energetic & passionate about their work with a strong desire to own an assignment & independently & proactively seeks to deliver the absolute best work products & program results
- Bachelors Degree in Software, Mechanical, Electrical or Systems Engineering
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
- This role is located in Austin, TX & will require relocation if you are not local to this area.