The focus of our DevOps team is building & automating all facets of our system infrastructure, enabling the entire Engineering Organization to iterate & innovate in the fast-paced Business Analytics space. As a member of our DevOps team, youll work in our all-cloud environment; a rapidly evolving & expanding system architecture utilizing Big-Data across highly distributed data collection & messaging tiers. Youll collaborate with all members of the engineering team, from product inception, through the development lifecycle, & on to supporting a global, 24/7 highly available production operation.
- Maintain Domos various hosting platforms by providing on-call monitoring, application of software updates/patches, implementing new technologies & assisting cross-functional teams.
- Implement world-class techniques to ensure infrastructure uptime, platform resiliency, & quality updates.
- Develop code to support systems automation & integration with 3rd party services.
- Document standard operating procedures to be followed by other members of the team.
- Proficient in automating build processes & strong experience required in continuous integration techniques.
- Prior experience in an Ops role with AWS or GCP preferred.
- Must be able to rotate to an on-call schedule.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Must be able to work with multiple engineering teams without having direct oversight.
- Demonstrate the ability to stick to process & procedure to help ensure appropriate controls are always met.
- Able to work effectively in high-pressure situations.
- Prior experience working in an Ops position for a SaaS company.
- 5+ years of DevOps Engineer experience in the software industry. SaaS industry experience preferred but not required.
- Utilize your knowledge of Web, App, Network, Server, Storage & Security technologies to collaborate & enhance operations & automation capabilities.
- Responsible for overall system & infrastructure operations in our Cloud environment.
- Work with the team to develop & deploy monitoring & alerting architecture, & implement monitoring/logging solutions.
- Work with QA to provide an automated testing platform.
- Ensure reliable, high qualityreleases.
- 5+ years UNIX/Linux system administration, Debian based system preferred.
- Extensive experience with continuous deployment (Chef/Puppet).
- Some development experience in any language: Java, Perl, Ruby or Python preferred.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services management is a must.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (CI), Jenkins preferred.
- Experience with distributed Source Code Management tools (SCM), git is preferred.
- Atlassian software: Bamboo, Crucible, Jira, Confluence.
- Bachelors Computer Science or related engineering discipline OR equivalent professional experience.