Senior Software Engineer, Front-End
Work Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket, an ADP Company, is the leading platform for on-demand workforce management. Our cloud-based Freelance Management System (FMS) is used by todays biggest companies to organize, manage & pay their freelancers & independent contractors.
The team is passionate about redefining the labor model for the 21st century & creating the best solutions for our customers. It is a large, complicated problem to solve & we cant do it without having the best talent moving us forward & thinking outside the box.
For more about ADPs acquisition of WorkMarket, please see https://www.workmarket.com/press/adp-acquires-workmarket
Why you should join us?
WorkMarket is one of NYCs fastest-growing companies & was recently acquired by the most trusted name in human capital management, ADP. From New York to Toronto -- the entire WorkMarket team is committed to building powerful enterprise software that can help the biggest companies on the planet work smarter & faster.
WorkMarket offers the vibe of a startup with the resources of a large company, & youll have plenty of opportunities to help drive & validate our product strategy. More on our culture can be found on our engineering blog, & you can learn more about our diversity & inclusion efforts here & here.
- Architecture API-driven, distributed, service-oriented architecture
- Frontend : React/Redux, Node/NPM, Webpack, Babel, Swagger + Backbone/Handlebars/jQuery
- Backend: Java 8, Spring Boot, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
- Quality Assurance: Mabl, Locust/BlazeMeter, python-based API test automation
Things youll do
- Participate in designing, building & integrating new & existing application components
- Collaborate with your scrum team, & other teams, to solve complex problems
- Define standards & patterns to ensure quality & velocity
- Help respond to customer production issues
- Partner with product owner(s) to prioritize value delivery
- You will also be part of a small FE team in Toronto. This means youll be relied on heavily for thought leadership, as well as to help move the needle on our front end efforts.
- Track record of designing & developing highly transactional, distributed SaaS applications
- In-depth knowledge of one or more: React/Redux, jQuery, Backbone, Handlebars, Swagger
- Experience building, supporting, & leveraging libraries used by multiple teams
- Experience working within an agile/scrum development framework
- Track record of building software with quality & measurable performance in mind
- Experience in developing both consumer facing & enterprise grade software