Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa DPS focuses on building & deploying innovative issuer processing technologies to enable & secure Visa transactions around the globe. Our mission is to launch new, market-leading offerings that create tremendous value for Issuers & Emerging Payments Providers, & delight end consumer users as well as meet clear areas of demand for payment & related services.
To effect this transformation across the globe, we are looking for leaders who are passionate about innovating & delivering truly differentiated user experiences as the lead over a small team of product owners.
Successful execution of this role will be achieved through a combination of leadership, payments & delivery knowledge, communication & applied strategy in applying DPS solutions to emerging use cases.
The Visa DPS Product Manager will work with stakeholders across Technology, Sales, & Client Support (CS) to deliver effective issuer processing solutions. In addition, this role will contribute to the overall strategic vision, planning & operation of the Visa DPS business & requires strong change management & C-level skills.This is a matrix, cross functional role so organizational savvy & interpersonal skills are critical. This role will interface across regions & multiple markets & engage with specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant sales, client consulting, operations, technology, risk, analytics, marketing & corporate communications, legal, corporate strategy, interchange/pricing, finance to coordinate the build, launch & support of new & existing products.
Visa DPS is looking for individual that pays attention to detail, with a proven track record of success in fast-paced product development environments (SAFE/Agile frameworks) with demanding timelines, an ability to correlate data & trends to business drivers, but who can also think big & contribute to strategic planning, drive change management & lead executive messaging.
Successful candidates will take ownership of most non-financial planning, program management, reporting & communications consistent with our product strategy, drive to increase usage / overall value & ultimately build Visa DPS brand loyalty. This position may require occasional travel to Visa sites & client sites around the globe.
- Successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced product development lifecycle, preference for experience with SAFE/agile/SCRUM development frameworks.
Key responsibility is to develop the processes & systems that enable efficient tracking, reporting, & follow up with a broad cross-functional team, including:
- Business / strategy contributions
- Market capability requirements
- Performance tracking against market, regional & enterprise goals
- Commercialization & go-to-market strategies (GTM)
- Product development
Responsible for leading projects / project teams & developing plans & schedules to drive deliverables to on time & on budget delivery. This Senior Director manages a group of Product Owners, & will be reporting to the Forward GM.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on serving clients
- Experience managing & leading teams of product development professionals
- Demonstrated thought leadership & the aptitude to think creatively & identify new ways to innovate & differentiate with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do & fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Strong team player, self-motivated & the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, data collection, buy-in & strong decision making abilities to elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Outstanding executive communication skills to develop presentations, associated summaries, & back up materials for program reporting.
- Expert skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Cloud tracking tools are required
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written & presentation necessary
- Active listening skills required
- Proven project development experience
- Strong sense of urgency & experience driving to successful commercialization
- Ensure personal efforts are integrated & aligned with functional objective
- Strong collaboration & influence skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects & engagements to completion
- Take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information
- Ability to explain complex business & technical concepts to a broad audience
- An advanced degree strongly preferred
- Comfort leading & working closely with cross-functional teams required
- Visa & financial/payment industry knowledge as well as issuer processing market experience is a plus, but not required
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
- This position will be performed in an office setting.The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.