As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is the world's leader in payments & has made the industry's premier commitment & investment in continuous innovation. Its global network of 12 Innovation Centers & Studios provide an immersive experience for clients & partners to explore & accelerate their deployment of new products & technologies. Through discovery sessions to co-creation workshops, the dedicated team of product managers, engineers, & designers work with Visa's most ambitious clients to help them win in their markets through differentiated offerings.
Visa's Miami Innovation Center provides a premier innovation space where Visa experts partner with customers & partners throughout Latin America to create new solutions for the payment ecosystem & extend service offerings throughout the LAC region. In the center, a wide range of clients, government officials, fintechs, & other key stakeholders in commerce:
- Engage with an immersive experience where Visa experts help customers / partners tackle their most challenging business problems & uncover new commerce opportunities
- Learn about the most impactful global trends & innovation in payments & commerce
- Experience new technologies that advance commerce in areas such as authentication, digital commerce experiences, security, biometrics, & fintech.
- Collaborate with Visa subject-matter experts in a physical space designed to encourage dynamic interaction, real-time experimentation, & rapid prototyping using Visa APIs/SDKs through the Visa Developer Platform.
As a key leader in Visa's Innovation Network, this role is an exciting senior leadership position that will drive significant impact on Visa's Latin America business. Functional reporting to the LAC Head of Innovation & Design & dually to the Global Head of Design, the Sr Director, Head of Design - LAC is responsible for leading the creation of new payment & commerce solutions through innovative client engagements & rapid, agile development.
The purpose of this role is to act as an applied accelerator of new payments & commerce solutions conceptualization through the prototype development for market pilots. This appointment will work closely with both internal & external customers, using the breadth of design tools & practices to facilitate the execution of leading concepts to new products & services that can be delivered to market.
- Lead the LAC Design team, with primary focus on Innovation Centre engagements & new product exploration & prototyping.
- Define the operating model of the design organization, define design processes for workshops & rapid prototyping that supports Visa's Innovation agenda throughout Latin America
- Lead design-centred workshops with major clients & partners facilitating a collaborative environment that is integrates both creative & commercial, enabled through leading technologies
- Build a team of top design talent & design practices
- Establish a recognised thought leadership position with the ability to lead high-quality innovative concepts on the latest collaboration & prototyping tools / best practices from across different industries
- Deliver world-class prototypes & POCs of new payment & digital commerce solutions for rapid testing & market trials
- Demonstrate leadership in agile solution design & develop consistent, best in class assets for all design assets & systems
- Champion Visa's Developer Platform & Visa's APIs as key elements of new payment & digital commercial solutions
- Champion human-centred design principles & process internally & externally
- Support Innovation & Solution Architecture Leads designing stakeholder strategies & requirements, translating complex concepts into commercial roadmaps that define delivery milestones & targets
- Lead Visa's LAC design applied understanding of emerging technologies (biometrics, augmented reality, block chain technologies, automation, machine learning, AI, etc.) in order to differentiate Visa in the wider competitive environment
- Lead LAC Innovation Center Incubator Program to harvest ideas into new IP, products & solutions by delivering an operating design system that streamlines new product development processes & by training & coaching internal talent in HCD, design thinking & agile.
- Collaborate the LAC Head of Innovation & Design in building a Financial Inclusion Working Group with partners & clients to accelerate digital/financial inclusion in LAC.
- Foster & create an environment where clients & partners are excited to partner with Visa's Innovation Network
- Act as an agent for change across Visa throughout LAC
- Collaborate closely across the Global Design team on design systems, processes, best practices, & the development of top design talent.
- Leading by example - acting with the highest levels of integrity & taking accountability for actions & behaviours
- Act decisively - respectfully challenge the status quo. An advocate for changes that will benefit Visa through curiosity & boldness. Being motivated to take risks & make quick decisions that are underpinned by fact-based & principled evidence
- Communicate openly - promote a shared vision of the business with a clear understanding of the context on how this relates to broader goals & results that matter. Excellent communication & listens carefully. Actively seeks the perspective of others
- Excel with partners - commitment to building strong relationships inside & outside of Visa, focusing on customer service excellence
- Collaborate - across functions & geographies, acting & speaking as One Visa, breaking down silos & engaging early & regularly to align common goals & ideas
- Enable & inspire - inspiring others to go beyond in their performance. Provide strategic direction & constructive feedback to inspire success
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Strong track record in leading teams delivering human-centred design, rapid prototyping, & new product UX/UI development
- Experience working with Design Operations for capacity planning, productivity tools, & vendor management
- Executive presence & ability to demo new concepts, experiences, & interactions to clients & executive management
- Experience developing thought leadership content & industry best practices.
- Excellent facilitator of product exploration & design validation
- Demonstrable experience of operating in a global, matrix environment working across different geographies & functions.
- Clear understanding & empathy of customer needs & creating the experience journey maps
- Excellent understanding of commercial platforms & emerging technologies across the broader consumer-tech / digital / emerging-technologies / next generation commerce ecosystems
- Entrepreneur / intrapeneur - experience of leading & setting up new initiatives that deliver commercial results, either within a large corporate or as part of an entrepreneurial advisory team.
- Credible leader in executing proof-of-concept projects to test technical & commercial viability of solutions
- Consulting / advisory experience in across the full stack of design disciplines & digital product design
- Strong track record of working in technology-led, fast-paced commercial environments. Sector agnostic but with an appreciation for next generation digital payment solutions
- Experience delivering design in Agile developer teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal with the ability to influence across the organization
- Proven ability to deliver results in changing, ambiguous circumstances
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law