About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider & home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes & stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team, & the problems you get to solve together. Were looking for people who love thinking outside the box & thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates we encourage new ideas & toast every win. Were excited about having a meaningful impact on peoples workplace experience.
Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work. Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, & ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members & for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality & quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of Americas 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine & one of Forbes Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
About the Role:
As the Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will work as part of a team pertaining to all facets of the order to cash process & responsible for completing various operational tasks in relation to AR. Your role will be critical in maintaining accurate open receivable balances & play a key role in the necessary collaborations between finance & operations. This role is uniquely crucial in addressing both member-facing & accounting inquiries to help drive the unpaid receivables & reporting for the company. A balance between customer service & bottom line professionalism is required to be successful in this role.
The role has the option to be remote & reports to the AR & Collections Manager in New York City.
- Accurately record incoming cash as it applies to member receivables
- Re-open member invoice balances as failed payments are shared by processing platforms
- Issue security deposit refunds as needed
- Assist members by providing any extra remittance information required by their AP department
- Apply credit balances to open invoices when appropriate
- Respond to members in a timely & respectable manner consistent with Industrious values
- Respond to the operations team in a timely manner to clarify any member payment related issues
- Identify member aging receivables & coordinate with the operations team to facilitate payment or eviction
- Monitor aging credit balances due to members & pursue escheatment protocol when necessary
- 1-2 years of relevant AR experience required
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent degree preferred
- Experience with billing/payment platforms such as Stripe, Zuora, Quickbooks or Worldpay
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Salesforce or Zendesk
- Experience with international AR & collections preferred (UK & Asia specifically)
- Experience with escheatment or collections agencies preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, team focus, & the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Effectively prioritize & execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands, & timelines
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision & dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities & annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News: