Shutterstock is looking for a highly motivated & talented individual to join our enterprise software engineering team based out of our New York City office. Our core belief is that the customers are our number one priority so we work hard to deliver value back to them with everything we do. We believe strongly in team ownership of systems, which includes defining the vision of the services to prioritization of projects.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services under the teams ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, & uptime of the services.
- Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, & mentoring.
- Improving internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not.
- Collaborating on the vision of the services under the team's ownership.
- Building the technology the right way: for us, this means simple, well-tested systems that gradually grow over time, & that provide plenty of insight into production performance.
- Engineers are expected to support systems they develop in production which involves on-call. The actual periods & frequency vary by team.
- At least 5+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience in Node.js.
- Experience in React.
- Very strong knowledge of how the Web works & how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc).
- Experience building & designing highly scalable services & RESTful APIs.
- Ability to craft simple & elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Solid software development fundamentals (Data Structures, algorithms, problem-solving, OO Design, & system architecture).
- Passionate about what you do & care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical & non-technical audiences.
- Has a good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests, & automated testing.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Experience working in an AWS, Docker, Kubernetes environment
- Experience building event-driven or message-driven architecture using tools like RabbitMQ & Kafka.
- Experience working in an agile environment
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 190,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 125 million images & more than 6 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Dublin, Montreal, Denver, Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, Paris, San Francisco & Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; & Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V