WHO WE ARE:
BARKs social team is responsible for creating perpetually fresh content that entertains, engages, & educates potential & current customers on the magic of dogs & BARK. Using all of the storytelling mediums (user-generated content, social media as a whole, PR, video, photography, the products themselves) at our disposal, the social team brings BARKs dog-obsessed antics to the public. (Occasionally in ways that are accidentally & not-so-accidentally spicy.) Successes on this team are usually unconventional & have enormous payoffs for social engagement, PR, sales, & overall awareness of BARK.
But what are the vibes of BARKs social team? Were a team that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is quirky, open, inclusive, generous, & enthusiastic just like our pups. Were fun-loving internet nerds who know about too many esoteric TikTok trends before theyre mainstream. Also if 90% of your camera roll is full of dogs, youre one of us.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
The team is growing! We are looking for two Social Media & Content Associates, one for Barkbox & one for BARK Bright. We are looking for people with curious, quirky & dog-obsessed minds to help expand the social media presence of Box & Bright. This person will create & schedule content for the social & content marketing mediums, using content to constantly test & push our voice, tone, & style.
- Content: Establish & implement strategy, conceptualize & create organic social posts & stories. Own & update social calendar, report back on weekly metrics
- Social: Work with Creative to evolve & explore (by constantly testing) BARK's brand voice & style can be. Create engaging product-focused posts, edutainment, collaborate on concepts for new content formats, & share dog, dog + human, & dog + product-focused UGC that suits the aesthetic & message of the page.
- Influencer Outreach & Strategy: Choose dog accounts that fit the BARK's aesthetic & lifestyle, & collaborate to provide exchange of content/reviews/checkpoint updates in exchange for product. Influencers post this content on their own accounts, & we leverage for use on social media & content articles.
- BARK BRIGHT ONLY! Dog Wellness Content Marketing: Create entertaining & educational content in the dog wellness category for BarkPost. Cover every single angle we could think of about dogs/toothpaste/bad breath/dental health to see what strikes a chord for future ads, emails, & larger BARK Bright marketing strategy.
- Some social media management experience, even if that means managing your dogs TikTok!
- Strong creative development & pitching skills with experience creating explosive moments that gets people excited & chattering online
- Sense of humor .
- Strong organizational, communication & reporting skills.
- Confidence in content creation to be able to execute content yourself. (Your copywriting skills are *chefs kiss* & you are not scared to get your hands dirty in Photoshop.)
- Excellent people skills & the ability to develop & maintain productive & creative working relationships with internal partners.
- Loves dogs (duh).
This is a full-time salaried position. It can be remote full-time OR if you are located in NYC or Columbus, OH you are welcome to join on-site at either of our offices. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.