We are looking for a driven, experienced, & organized Senior Manager, Tax who is inspired by a high-growth environment & the opportunity to join Glossiers growing Finance & Accounting team. In this newly-created role, the Senior Manager, Tax will report directly to the Principal Accounting Officer & manage the preparation & review of federal & state income tax returns as well as international income tax compliance & strategy. This is a critical role for the organizations growth as he or she will lead all aspects of tax for the Company.
6 Month Accomplishments:
- Become the go-to tax leader, acting as the internal & external point of contact for all tax-related inquiries & analysis
- Maintain US sales tax compliance, including managing existing & future sales & use tax registrations, overseeing sales & use tax filings
- Advise on tax impact of intercompany transactions
- Investigate & resolve any tax notifications as needed
- Manage filings made by 3rd parties
- Monitor future tax legislation, research the impact on the Company's financial position, & work with Principal Accounting Officer & external partners to advise on the best position to optimize tax planning
- Lead continuous process improvements & integration of various aspects of the tax function to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls, & quality.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Work with accounting team to develop processes to ensure compliance with use tax across all states, & perform regular review of use tax compliance
- Ensure international tax compliance & provide documentation when requested by third party accountants
- Manage, negotiate & finalize all state & local income, franchise, sales, use & property tax audits.
- Manage all federal & state income tax filings, including overseeing the calculation of the provision, developing processes to calculate & reconcile deferred tax assets & liabilities, & ensuring timely filing & payment of all extensions & returns.
- Oversee transfer pricing policies/compliance & monitor legal entities
- Our Ideal Candidate isinclusive, curious, devoted to the customer, courageous, & discerning
- BA/BS or Masters in Accounting/Tax & CPA a plus
- Broad-based tax compliance/accounting experience, including public accounting experience & corporate tax experience
- High proficiency in tax research & proposing recommendations
- Enthusiastic & eager to learn & problem solve, including taking initiative to propose solutions
- Creative, flexible, adaptable, & positive teamwork skills & an ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment & willingness to manage new projects with tight deadlines
- High degree of skill in using Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Experience with NetSuite, bill.com & Concur and/or other T&E solutions a plus
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.