Away is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to work on the expansion of Away & lead our local marketing efforts in Germany & the Nordics & help establish Away as a global travel brand.
Youll be working closely with several teams based in the US & London, including marketing (brand strategy, social, influencers, acquisition & retention), creative, retail, data, PR, & operations to drive growth, develop the local roadmap & define key success metrics to assess the impact of our efforts. The role requires an individual that can think strategically but also roll his/her sleeves to execute tactically, especially at the beginning, as we ramp up our efforts.
This role will report into the Head of Europe & will be based out of our regional HQ in London with some travel to our global HQ in NYC (~2x/year) as well as regular travel to Germany & the Nordics.
What you will do:
- You will combine creativity & an analytical mindset to translate our global strategy to a local context
- You will assess & execute local brand activations to grow brand awareness in Germany & the Nordics (across events, experiential, content/influencers, local partnerships), leveraging global & local cultural moments - you will help contextualise Away to every country in your geographic scope
- Youll share your local expertise with our growth & brand marketing teams at HQ & London to deploy successful & relevant paid & organic marketing strategies
- You will work with key stakeholders in both HQ & London offices to develop a roadmap for our local marketing efforts in Germany & the Nordics
- You will work hand-in-hand with the Marketing Manager, UK to develop processes & consistent solutions across markets.
- You will help establish the right KPIs to track success & constantly evaluate how we can iterate & optimise to achieve our goals
- Youll manage the daily & long term needs of the business. No project is too big or too small for you to handle you are able to get your hands dirty & jump into execution
You should have:
- 6-8 years of work experience in marketing (e.g. brand, digital, e-commerce) & are living or have lived in Germany in the past (anywhere in the Nordics is a plus, too!)
- An understanding of Away & our marketing efforts to date, with a passion for what we stand for as a brand
- Experience working in a brand-led consumer venture & building initial brand awareness in a new market
- A solid understanding or first-hand experience of performance marketing tools & e-commerce key performance indicators
- Prior experience managing teams or mentoring / laterally managing preferred
- Germany fluency a must. Fluency in any other European language besides English (e.g., Danish, Swedish, French) a plus
- Work authorisation in the UK/EU
Who you are:
- Youre thoughtful & strategic. You think fast, but you think deeply about the implications of what youre working on. You use a mixture of gut, past experiences, learnings from others & numbers to make decisions
- You know your market(s). Youre knowledgeable about market trends, customer obsessed, what resonates & get excited about whats new, & up & coming
- You are a relationship builder you are able to consider & make sense of differing viewpoints to create consensus around you
- You understand the nuances of a place quickly. You love to travel & most importantly, youre able to pick up cultural cues, absorb & insights on a place instinctively
- You like to & actively seek to learn & develop in your personal & professional life
- You are relentless & entrepreneurial you feel comfortable with ambiguity & like to make things happen
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!