We're on the lookout for a talented Customer Experience Optician to help Warby Parker shoppers & customers with expertise, friendliness, & honesty. Our opticians strive to make shopping for & owning glasses full of goosebump-inducing delight. In this position, you'll play a key role in making that possible by educating & informing our customers so they feel confident throughout their glasses journey. Sound cool? Read on!
What youll do:
- Conduct prescription troubleshooting with customers over the phone & via video chat
- Recommend frames & lenses over the phone & email to customers inquiring about fit & prescription compatibility
- Act as a resource for our Customer Experience team on all prescription-related issues
- Support the Lab Outreach team with prescription-related issues
- Assist with prescription training during team members onboarding
Who you are:
- A seasoned optician with 2+ years of optical experience
- Extremely detail-oriented & a master time manager
- Dedicated to making people happy (both customers & fellow team members)
- A self-starter with energy to spare
- Cool under pressure
- Capable of juggling a range of responsibilities, including multiple concurrent assignments (no literal juggling required!)
- Not on the Officer of Inspector Generals List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- A TN Ophthalmic Dispensing license
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in-house, were able to offer top-quality glasses & sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, weve set up headquarters in New York City & Nashville, built our own optical lab, & opened retail locations all around the U.S. & Canada. As we grow, were committed to proving that businesses can scale & be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in needto date, thats over five million pairs.
Of course, all work & no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering & learning opportunities, & just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, & identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (Were happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits & perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Flexible My Time vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends & family)
- And more (just ask!)