THE ROLE: Copywriting Co-Op
**This role is for current Northeastern undergrad students**
A Copywriter charged with bringing our brands to life through words. This position will help write & copyedit a broad range of content, including our event titles, daily SMS & push notifications, email subject lines, & more.
What youll Do...
- With the guidance of Copywriters, Senior Copywriter, apply Rue La La & Gilt voice to original copy for our daily events & performance-based marketing communications in a highly collaborative, deadline-driven environment.
- Copyedit & proofread a variety of items, from marketing campaigns to daily Boutique copy to design assets, to create error-free copy that expresses the Rue La La & Gilt voices.
- Ensure all copy adheres to editorial standards & house style guide.
Research lead brands, distilling the essence into concise, digestible, authentic copy.
- Keep a pulse on the fashion, home, & travel industries, conveying authority through copy.
- Contribute & concept creative ideas that support & generate excitement around each event to increase visitation.
- Work collaboratively & constructively with other members on the team, including Designers & Brand Operations.
- Uphold the Rue & Gilt voice in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality.
- Be an integral, contributing part of a tight-knit Creative team.
- Develop copywriting style across multiple media & platforms.
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- The foundational training to understand the basics of advertising writing & grammar & quickly grasp what makes one brands voice different from another.
- Desire to learn new things & keep abreast of the worlds of fashion, style, design, retail, & ecommerce.
- Working toward a BA/BS in English, literature, communications, journalism, or a similar field.
- A strong voice. You should be a witty wordsmith who can capture the distinct Rue La La & Gilt voice.
- Expert-level knowledge of the English language, & the ins & outs of punctuation, syntax, & idioms.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at once, complete last-minute requests, & make quick turnarounds.
- A solid cover letter & portfolio are required for consideration
Base Salary Range: $20.00/hr
Rue Gilt Groupe is committed to providing Associates with equal pay for equal work & carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including prior experience, skills & expertise, location, & internal equity. Our goal is to support, reward & compensate the entire individual. Depending on role eligibility, your offer may also include bonus/commission, equity, 401(k) match, & a variety of benefits. Therefore, final offer amounts may vary from the amount stated.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY, CA & Dublin offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all Associates who will work at our MA, NY, CA or Dublin offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
ABOUT THE CREATIVE TEAM:
A brand is not a brand without its identity. Thats where this department with its consistent design & voice comes in. Whether its the line of copy that made you laugh out loud or the thoughtful pairing of design & photography, its just the beginning with this group.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered