Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze & act on feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, & integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , & unlock growth & innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
As an Incident Response (IR) Lead, you will be a hands-on incident responder investigating cases involving cloud, traditional on-premises infrastructure/components, & hybrid environments. When not participating in an incident, you will be threat hunting. Because of the nature of IR, we are looking for someone who is technically proficient & can effectively communicate with leadership, managers & individual contributors during an IR situation. You will also oversee the strategic direction of the IR function, working with the Privacy & Legal teams. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Security Ops.
- Manage investigations including organizing unstructured work & engaging resources across the company.
- Manage urgency & visibility to ensure timely response by all involved parties.
- Conduct IR analysis, network log & network PCAP analysis, & other investigation related activities to support IR.
- Respond to important incidents, threats, vulnerabilities & bringing these issues to resolution.
- Communicate/coordinate with internal & 3rd party teams during high severity incidents.
- Orchestrate & conduct table-top exercises.
- Develop incident playbooks & repeatable methods for managing & responding to malicious activities across networks, systems, & products.
- Design, & implement IR processes, procedures, guidelines, & solutions.
- Provide technical & executive level reports on IR issues.
- Work together with the Cyber Defense & Cyber Detect teams.
- Forensically analyze end user systems & servers found to have possible indicators of compromise.
- Identify security incidents through threat hunting operations within a SIEM & other relevant tools.
- 3+ years hands-on working in Cyber incident analysis or response in medium to large organizations with cloud & forensics components.
- In-depth experience with all facets of IR.
- Solid experience applying all facets of IR to on-prem & cloud environments.
- Threat hunting experience with Python, SIEM, & EDR solutions.
- Organize collaboration across multiple teams, departments, & levels.
- Familiarity with SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation & Response) software with an emphasis on building complex playbooks for automating routine incidents.
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here