Our mission is to create the finance solution all businesses love
through technology, elegant design, & an outstanding sense of customer care. At Qonto
, we believe that great services come from great thinkers, that's why we strive to provide an environment that will allow you to feel comfortable & help you excel in your work. Check this video
to have a preview of our method: The Qonto Way
launched Qonto in July 2017, & the team reached great achievements since then:
- Market leader for online SME banking in Europe
- 150,000 SME clients
- 136 million raised
- International investors with a solid fintech experience
- Qonto is part of the #Next40
index for 2021
- And 400+ happy Qontoers helping us building the finance solution of our dreams (just that!)
- Ambition | We tackle big challenges no matter what
- Teamwork | We create magic by collaborating at the same speed
- Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning & by facing challenges humbly every day
- Integrity | We are transparent & trustworthy with our clients & each other
After completing a 104 million euro Series C, Qonto is facing increasingly diverse & complex legal challenges (Tax, Contracts, IT/IP, GDPR, labor law, litigation & pre-litigation, corporate law, banking law, internationalization of the service, etc.).
As Qonto Legal Counsel - France & German markets, you will manage all legal aspects of Qonto's business in France & also be the main point of contact for our German market. You will address all types of legal questions for contracts & partnerships, banking & insolvency matters, civil & criminal seizures from authorities & creditors, corporate & tax matters, labor law, commercial matters, & if needed call upon the assistance of external counsels.
You will join the Legal Team, under the supervision of Alexia
, our VP Legal, & you will also work closely with all corporate, growth, & product teams.
As a Legal Counsel - France & German markets at Qonto, you will
Ensure legal compliance of our product & new features in Germany & France.
Define a legal strategy: You will work with the VP Legal in order to eliminate or mitigate risks & manage Qonto's disputes/litigations in coordination with our Risk & Compliance team.
Draft & negotiate commercial contracts in French, English, & German (such as: NDAs, services agreements, commercial & tech partnership agreements, software & license agreements, PAAS/SAAS, SLAs, etc.): in cooperation with the operational teams, you will review, draft & negotiate various types of commercial contracts, bringing specific expertise in IT/IP law & GDPR issues you will regularly update our General T&Cs & the client's contracts.
Assist the operations team, deal with clients' claims & litigation, monitor the civil & criminal seizures in Germany.
Ensure GDPR compliance with the DPO: You will take part in the implementation & monitoring of GDPR compliance, particularly on the contractual side.
Prepare & deliver training of operational staff on various subjects (labor law, personal data law, marketing, contract law).
Experience: You have 3+ years of experience with relevant experience in a top-tier law firm or as a lawyer in a tech company (start-up/scale up). Having both an experience in Germany & France is a definite plus.
Academic Background: Degree in French & German law, admission to French or German Bar is a plus. You have got a good understanding & are passionate about the Tech/Fintech ecosystem.
Business-oriented: You always provide recommendations that are business-oriented.
Communication: You have strong oral & written communications skills & a good sense of diplomacy.
Analytical mind & rigorous: You have well-honed organizational & analytical skills to quickly elaborate key findings, form opinions & make decisions.
Curious mindset: You are curious, open-minded, adaptable, fast learner & excited by dynamic startup environment.
Mastery: You are an expert in legal issues related to digital platforms & GDPR issues.
Languages: You are fluent in German, English, & French.
You got it: helping you succeed is our #1 priority. We have put together several perks to make your life easier & more will be added as Qonto grows further
Office & Team Life
- 3,200 sqm fully-renovated building near Opera with WeWork
- Monthly team events, & yearly offsite (Barcelona, Sicily what's next?)
- Free coffee, snacks in the kitchen, & a budget allocated to managers for small team events
- The latest in Apple's equipment
- From 2 days per week with a bonus of 12 additional days per year to Full remote, with the possibility in both cases to work from anywhere (+/-3 hours) up to 4 weeks per year
- Career tracks that can match all expectations (Expert or Manager tracks): we believe in our Qontoers & we want them to progress on their journey at Qonto. And in addition, internal & international mobility is also promoted.
- A competitive salary package (healthcare, commute...)
- 5 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- A Swile
Card that you can use for lunch
- Access to thousands of gyms & activities for 10-30 a month, through our partnership with Gymlib
- Relocation package & visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 40+ nationalities based in Paris, Madrid, Milan & Berlin)
- An inclusive environment with a real focus on parity (40% of our teams are women)
- Special parenthood policy (we are part of the Parental Act
- Childcare Benefits (reserved day-care places for your little ones) & subsidies/discounts with selected childcare partners
- Access to Moka Care
, a digital platform to take care of your mental health
How we have adapted our hiring process during the Coronavirus crisis:
Is Qonto still recruiting?
There are so many questions you may be asking yourself. The current public health crisis may have you doubting whether you should even be applying right now.
We strive to be the finance solution all businesses love. To continue to reach this goal, we need to hire talent more than ever. That's why we guarantee a fully remote hiring process for all candidates!
We are lucky to have digital tools to help us continue to live & work as best we can despite everything going on.
Here is what you can expect from our adapted recruitment process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our talent acquisition managers to better understand your career plan & answer any of your questions
- A 60 min video-call with your future manager to create a strong alignment on what they will expect from you & tell you more on their way of operating
- A fully remote exercise to evaluate your abilities & give you a taste of what you could work on at Qonto
- Video calls with future team members to help you envision yourself at the company
- A Final video-call with the manager of your future department and/or one of our C-level/Founders
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days & offers usually follow within 48 hours