Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio, the worlds leading cloud communication platform, continues to grow & is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join its Voice Connectivity team in Madrid/Spain. As a member of this team, you will be in charge of implementing & maintaining real-time voice services at a global scale by developing, deploying & managing a complex distributed cloud platform with global points of presence. Youll be working on expanding Twilios International Emergency-Calling capabilities, on the signalling components that exist at our Twilio edges as well as on building new features for our Voice products, dealing with challenges regarding availability, throughput, latency, real-time data & distributed storage every step of the way. Join us at Twilio, a Silicon Valley unicorn that has never lost its startup heart & soul & whose worldwide impact continues to soar. Become part of one of its first & most important business units (V&V: Voice & Video) & be part of the journey to fuel the future of communications.
Twilio is looking for a passionate Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & has a personal drive for building great products & features with a focus on quality, innovation & teamwork. They also have:
- A minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience developing & scaling complex distributed systems based on popular JVM languages. Expertise in at least one web stack & framework.
- Extensive experience scaling production backend systems. Can design & develop horizontally-scalable, resilient & performing-under-load systems. Hands on experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, OpenStack or Azure.
- Mastery of Agile processes, continuous integration & test automation.
- Ability to operate from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- Ideally, experience in a production DevOps environment, SIP, VoIP, Kafka & Docker.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Value the importance of keeping your teams documentation up-to-date, having focused meetings with clear agenda/notes as well as sharing architectural designs & feedback across our teams through our own blueprint process.
- DRAW THE OWL: Explore & create your own solutions to problems & connect with like-minded & easy-going colleagues to self-organize, innovate & build Voice products together.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You build it, you own it! We believe that theres no better way of knowing & caring for your products/services than owning them from start to finish. We expect you to be bold & think outside the box while doing so, put your creativity to the test!
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Teamwork & companionship does not begin & end inside your team, it runs throughout our offices & vast network of Twilions, where everyone is always ready to help & see others succeed. Buddy programs, regular tech-talks, product demos & team-building events are just some examples, but this spirit is truly at the core of our daily-interactions.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Were committed to a work-culture where diverse & honest opinions are shared openly & frequently. A culture where theres no we/they & problems or issues are brought up & tackled as a team.
A great day for you would be working alongside a small but collaborative team, building APIs on top of one of Twilios largest platforms, both in user base & in revenue. In doing so, youre pushing production code impacting millions of developers, helping companies solve their problems. At the same time, you will be helping more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, & positively influencing their careers.
Voice Connectivity enables builders to create unique communication experiences to make, receive, & control voice interactions around the globe. Operating worldwide infrastructure for connecting calls is vital to Twilios success. Our team in Madrid was born mid-2019 & is the newest addition to these efforts, where they are now proudly taking on bigger challenges & responsibilities.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located out of our Madrid, Spain office at Paseo de la Castellana, 77, although working remotely is also an option. Here, over 60 Twilions are fully dedicating their skills to our different products & initiatives while at the same time creating a unique office-culture in what has become one of Twilios fastest growing tech-hub offices worldwide. An office that, as this years terrible COVID-19 pandemic has shown us, can overcome any challenges & stay focused & united during difficult times, always putting the safety & health of our employees & their families first. We have proven we can all have a strong impact & coordinate well together no matter where we work from.
Around the globe, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well-being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.