See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to provide pricing & financial analysis support for our EMEA Go to Market organization. This role gives you a platform to accelerate commercial momentum & drive regional growth while helping to optimize our Sales cycle time.
You will partner with sales, sales operations, product managers, pricing & packaging & the extended Twilio Finance team. You will have a significant impact in bringing Twilios core offerings & new innovations to market as you create & evaluate deal models, their impact to Twilios P&L & make recommendations on transactions & overall pricing strategies. Reporting to the GTM Finance Manager (EMEA), you will have an important role in shaping strategic deals & continuing to accelerate our international growth.
As a Senior Commercial Finance Analyst (EMEA), your ability to build deep cross-functional partnerships & to clearly & consistently articulate recommended course of actions will determine your success.
In this role, youll:
- Contribute to the design, delivery & development of deal metrics that report on regional trends including pricing, product win/loss insights & customer requests. Partner closely with the Pricing & Packaging team to strategize on new pricing, packaging & discounting initiatives. Maintain accurate product cost information & key deal fields needed for margin determination.
- Partner with Sales Operations to accelerate & remove friction from deal cycle via automation + process improvements while maintaining financial rigor & key controls
- Proactively facilitate deal reviews, manage escalations & debriefs. Deliver & deepen insights on driving responsible growth while navigating operational constraints & complexity. Drive decision making that aligns with company objectives.
- Interact extensively across key stakeholders & functional teams within Twilio & assist on ad hoc finance projects.
- Assess deal economics, recommend alternative deal structures & consistently evaluate/propose discounting levels. Understand key financial terms & conditions needed to support non-standard customer transactions while helping to realize product mix & regional financial targets.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelors degree - particularly expertise in Economics, Business, Math or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in consulting, financial analysis, and/or pricing background preferred
- Strong analytical skill set including Excel, SFDC & PPT
- Self-starter; takes ownership of goals & works to meet or exceed them
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills; able to build strong partnership with sales & cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally & in a matrixed environment
- Fluent understanding of P&L dynamics & unit economics
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced & changing environment
- Previous experience working with communication software companies is a plus
- Experience in SQL & Tableau is a plus
This role will be remote, & based in EMEA.
Approximately 0-5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.