At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a highly skilled Sales Compensation Lead or Sr Analyst to join our growing sales strategy team. This position will be responsible for designing, analyzing, & managing Cloudflares compensation plans, quotas, & processes. This role incorporates strategic planning, data analysis & hands on execution for a hyper growth sales team. The candidate should be familiar with SaaS GTM models & sales processes, in order to align incentives with roles & responsibilities that support the overall sales strategy. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic, data-driven environment, & demonstrate curiosity, empathy & initiative.
Responsibilities range from strategic (developing compensation recommendations based on business objectives, building consensus among leaders) to operational (ensuring metrics can be tracked, compensation calculations are managed so employees are paid accurately & on time).
What you'll do
- Manage the end to end compensation crediting process
- Owned & administered compensation crediting models & systems
- Communicate with sales team & relevant stakeholders on policy & program changes in a compelling & effective manner
- Build and/or maintain a variety of models to track/forecast program costs & determine potential break-even and/or ROI. Report to finance on commission cost trends & drivers
- Participate in commission plan & quota design cycles, performing analyses to inform potential plan improvements, design, & quota changes
- Respond to crediting conflicts between different sales teams & roles
- Assist in the development of commission plan training materials & building earnings estimators
- Respond to plan design exception requests from regional leadership
- Project managing deployment solutions across internal & external business partners, from documentation of final plan designs through deployment
- Be a trusted advisor to the sales organization & recommend solutions to compensation & performance related issues
- Evaluate the current Reward & Recognition programs & recommend improvements based on best practice
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 4-6 years of analytical experience in sales ops, business ops, strategic planning, finance, or related fields
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics, science or other quantitative fields
- Ability to independently address analytical requests: understand the core question being asked, gather needed data, build models & validate assumptions, perform analyses, summarize, & present results in a compelling manner
- Knowledge of incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, & on-target earnings, excellence, pay for performance)
- Superb Excel skills: model building, use of advanced formulas & arrays, pivot tables, data manipulation
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization to solve problems.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com & compensation systems a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.