Reporting to the VP, Data, youll be our first Information Architecture hire within our newly formed Data Engineering organization. Youll lead the development & maintenance of the information & data architecture blueprints & be accountable for driving information architecture decisions in alignment with enterprise information & data architecture principles. Youll collaborate with the IT Business Partner(s), Enterprise Architecture, & Business Unit stakeholders to develop & sustain the information strategy & target information architecture. Youll also drive decisions on appropriate information & data integration architecture patterns. Lastly, youll partner with IT capability delivery teams to ensure adherence to Information Architecture principles, guidelines, & standards.
This is a people leadership role where youll lead a team of 3-5 data architects to achieve the information strategy & architecture objectives.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing & translating business needs into long-term solution data models.
- Evaluating existing data systems.
- Working with the development team to create conceptual data models and data flows.
- Developing best practices for data coding to ensure consistency within the system.
- Evaluating & reviewing existing systems for cross-compatibility, variances, discrepancies, & efficiency.
- Implementing data strategies & developing physical data models.
- Updating & optimizing local & metadata models.
- Troubleshooting & optimizing data systems.
- Examine & identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, & programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal & external regulations.
- Install & organize information systems to guarantee company functionality.
- Prepare accurate database design & architecture reports for management & executive teams.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting & integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new & existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training & individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Masters degree in computer science / information management or in a similar field, or equivalent experience.
- 10 or more years of hands-on & leadership experience with physical & relational data modeling.
- 5 or more years experience with managing a team.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems & data mining.
- Expert knowledge of metadata management & related tools.
- Knowledge of mathematical foundations & statistical analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com