Company Description Job Description
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions & governments in more than 200 countries & territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates & fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds & access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier & helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions & products that deliver the convenience & security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Technical Communications Services (TCS) is responsible for most of Visa's technical information serving both technology & business departments. With team members in California, Colorado, & Singapore, we support internal Visa teams & external Visa clients, delivering over 300 technical communications solutions each year including user, implementation, & web services guides; online help systems; SharePoint solutions; operational & departmental procedures; release notes & developer guides; API & SDK reference materials; system process flows.
As a Senior Technical Editor with TCS, your primary role will be to work with our authoring teams as they write & update technical documents. We envision this role as both a writing coach & as editing support for TCS authors. We are currently moving to our new DITA authoring system. This position will be a key role in helping authors transition from traditional technical writing to topic-based highly reusable writing. The successful applicant will be someone who can provide excellent editing support, be a key voice in the conversation about the role of the editor in this new authoring paradigm, & demonstrate understanding for the needs of those who use our documentation.
Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
7-10 years of work experience as a technical editor & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
The successful applicant must:
- Share with authors your passion for creating well-structured & well-written content.
- Edit authors' documents to ensure compliance with department standards for structure & writing quality as stated in the department style guide.
- Coach authors on topic-based authoring & the principles of minimalism.
- Guide authors in analyzing & organizing data & in the writing process.
- Plan & deliver individual or group coaching as needed - for example, writing seminars or facilitated writing exercises.
- Share your experience with authoring in DITA & working in Content Management Systems. Component Content Management System experience with authors.
- Chair the TCS Style team & maintain TCS Style Guide.
- Create & manage Acrolinx rules.
- Use advanced authoring software (Adobe FrameMaker & Acrobat), XML editing tools (Oxygen XML), & document repositories (Tridion Docs preferred.)
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core US business hours as well as being available to support staff in Singapore during their core business hours as needed.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Writing samples are required to demonstrate proficiency for both business & technical audiences. TCS will also administer an editing test as part of the formal interview process.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.