We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
We are looking for a highly experienced Principal Site Reliability Engineer (AWS) with experience working with high-traffic, production deployments, to Amazon Web Services to join our world-class engineering team, responsible for powering the most critical features of our globally known web site & mobile applications, operating across 43 markets & 22 languages, servicing our 490 million monthly active users.
As a Principal Site Reliability Engineer (AWS) you will be expected to work with application & operations engineers across the B2C Supply Engineering team & internal platform teams in developing or integrating necessary tooling & monitoring to ensure that the teams can maintain target service level objectives. You will also play an active role in on-going efforts to migrate existing on-premise services into AWS, driving cloud-first best practices.
What Youll Do:
- Facilitate Development: Reduce friction & improve reliability in development, testing, & deployment to production.
- Empower Operational Excellence: Ensure adequate monitoring & observability to proactively identify & diagnose system degradations & potential problems.
- Shape our Future: Help design & then execute on our technical roadmap. Work with other dedicated, experienced engineers, to migrate legacy monoliths & on-premises micro-services to cloud-first systems.
- Write code: Ship code to production. Write code that will power production services handling requests from millions of users each day, while serving as a foundation for future cloud-first migrations within the organization.
- Practice Accountability: Participate in periodic on-call duties & ensure that incident root causes are identified, debugged & resolved to prevent recurrence.
Who You Are:
- 12+ years of experience in commercial software development including leadership & operations experience
- Strong Java background, including developing & debugging highly-concurrent, high-throughput systems
- Strong understanding of AWS technologies (e.g. EKS, ECS, CDK, RDS, Dynamo)
- Experience troubleshooting & resolving performance issues at every layer of the stack
- Experience with production Cloud deployments & integrated CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Kubernetes & Microservices-based architecture
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, & Object Oriented Software Design.
- Familiarity with Hive / Hadoop / Spark / Snowflake a plus
- Past experience with datacenter-to-cloud migrations a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs & GraphQL are a plus
- Experience with Terraform & Atlantis a plus
- Experience with Apache Solr and/or ElasticSearch a plus
- Experience with Kafka, ActiveMQ a plus
- Experience with Nodejs, ES6, & front-end technologies like React are a plus
- Experience with Istio a plus.
What youll get:
Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation & excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing & well-established industry brand. At Tripadvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, & energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Annual bonus program
- Stock grant
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- 401k Matching Program
- Excellent health & dental options
- Paid Parental Leave
- Annual Wellness & Fitness Benefit
- Annual personal travel reimbursement
- Life & Accident Insurance coverage
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- + much more!
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.