Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
The global Product Organization delivers the holistic product strategy for Visa & accelerates the seamless delivery of our products into markets. We are at the core of Visa's overall vision to be the best way to pay & be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products & services to people all over the world.
Our business in Sub-Saharan Africa includes more than 45 markets of the most exciting economies in Africa, & include our offices in Johannesburg, Nairobi, Lagos, Abidjan, Accra & Kigali. As part of the Product team in SSA, you will assist in designing & implementing the go-to-market strategy for product sales & deployment at Visa. Your role may include aspects of consultative client engagement, product strategy, execution, & analytics to craft solutions to meet customer needs. You will also be working with a team that supports technical conversations & deployment with external partners, including advising on how they can work with Visa to build custom solutions that utilize their strengths to enhance Visa's solution bundles.
The incumbent will run the execution of Visa's risk policies & programs in the areas of Data Security, Third Party Agents (TPAs) / Vendors oversight, Franchise Risk & Brand Protection - across Issuers, Acquirers & TPAs / Vendors of the Central Europe Middle East & Africa (CEMEA) region. These risk programs have the objectives of maintaining a resilient payment ecosystem & its integrity, by identifying & remediating high risk clients & TPAs / Vendors as well as by eliminating illegal / unethical merchants.
The Franchise risk programs help identify Issuers & Acquirers exceeding high risk thresholds, requiring intervention from Visa, aimed at education, risk mitigation & in the absence of acceptable course correction, notification & penalties, as defined in Visa's rules. The Brand Protection program ensures the integrity of the payments ecosystem in compliance with Visa's rules & applicable laws. Violators are notified with corrective action to be taken. TPA & Data Security programs ensure compliance of ecosystem stakeholders to PCI DSS & Visa rules compliance. This role includes frequent interactions with internal stakeholders including Risk Managers (RMs), Merchant Services, & Global Risk counterparts. The role will provide opportunities to communicate with clients & other external stakeholders around risk program notifications. The role is part of the CEMEA Risk Strategy & Operations team, with a direct reporting to the Head of Acquiring & Ecosystem Risk.
- Review weekly/monthly reports from the global team, prepare notification to Visa clients & follow up with the actions plan
- Provide general administrative support to Visa risk & program managers
- Assist in generating regular & ad hoc reports for Visa programs
- Complete all required reports generation, analysis, internal & external notifications, manage followups till resolution & client billings, with minimal operating errors, & within stated turn around times.
- Support review & decisioning of documentation & registration details provided by TPAs & Vendors.
- Support RMs on individual cases & handling clients queries
- Follow up on enforcement cases: ensure that client submits remediation plan or waiver request in time. To challenge & support RM requests for waivers, preserving the integrity of the programs.
- Prepare for monthly Non Compliance Assessments (NCAs) recommendation meeting with internal stakeholders. Ensure that recommendations & final decisions are documented accurately & are as per the delegation matrix (RACI)
- Maintain overall process compliance through necessary document trails & data related to the risk programs, minimizing operational errors & ensuring clean internal audit ratings with no significant gaps
- Review & recommend proposed global changes to policies & programs, incorporating requirements of the region & recommending appropriate decisions.
- Typically, 3+ years of relevant risk management or operations experience in a high volumes process management environment having clearly laid out policies, controls, delegation matrix & service level agreements (SLAs).
- Results oriented with good problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation & organizational skills.
- Should have proficiency & experience of Excel & Power Point, especially in terms of handling large volume of data on Excel.
- Time management & prioritization skills will be instrumental in achieving results
- Minimum Bachelor's degree