At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
This position is responsible for establishing the Supply Chain for key components & services supporting Lyft. You will play a key role in helping to establish the strategy & to also drive execution activities on bringing our new products to market. Specifically, you will be instrumental in leading the supplier sourcing / selection activities & successfully manage key strategic supplier relationships including negotiating strategic agreements, component costing, & supply management. This role is dependent on integrating & working directly with key Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, & Product Development teams.
In this role, the successful candidate will focus on traditional strategic sourcing models including category analysis, short-term/long-term category planning, consolidation, supplier scorecards & vendor management. A strong understanding of one or more strategic sourcing models is desired but not required. Lyfts sourcing process includes multiple phases from building a category strategy, identifying specific sourcing opportunities, contract negotiations, purchase order issuance, & implementation. The process involves steps such as preparing global market research, price/cost analysis, "should cost" models, TCO, industry trends, commodity best practices & industry benchmarking to drive sourcing decisions.
In addition to the specific sourcing, procurement, & vendor management responsibilities, this position is expected to contribute to the maturity of the overall function. This includes creating & refining processes, tools & templates that can be applied to across all vendors & categories worldwide.
- Develop supply chain & commodity strategies ensuring supplier(s) are capable of meeting Lyfts current & future technical & business requirements
- Lead the identification, sourcing, & management of key component & manufacturing partners
- Establish supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the RFQ process, & drive final supplier selection in partnership with Engineering
- Lead Total Cost Reduction program to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, & cost of quality
- Determine appropriate business splits between suppliers where appropriate
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements & competitive landscape
- Negotiate key strategic agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, & service terms
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement initiatives to ensure our commodity suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs & future product roadmaps
- Provide right recommendation to management, & finalize/release contract/PO
- Other duties as needed
- 5+ years of industry experience working in Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Has been a business owner for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal & external variables that impact category & our business
- Built & maintained (partnering) effective working relationship with assigned business area
- Independent self-starter with high degree of confidence & business acumen
- Solid team player; can work cooperatively & effectively in a team environment
- Strong consultative, analytical, & problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, & negotiation skills
- Self motivated, reliable, passionate, & can keep to deadlines
- Multiple category experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, finance, business administration or related discipline. MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- SPSM, CPSM, or CTPE Certification is a plus
- Experience with Coupa is a plus
- Experience with product lifecycle beginning with NPI. Knowledge of the various pre-production phases (EVT, DVT & PVT) is a plus
- Comfort with legal frameworks & contract negotiation (development, supply, licensing, & service agreements) is a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.