At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
HelloFresh delivers cook from scratch meal plans straight to your door, with easy to follow recipe cards & high quality, pre-portioned fresh ingredientssaving time & money that you can instead spend with your loved ones!
HelloFresh is the world's leading meal kit company & is expanding rapidly. Founded in November 2011, HelloFresh now operates in the U.S., the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Australia, Austria, Switzerland, & Canada. HelloFresh delivers millions of meals to millions of customers across the globe & is listed on the German Stock Exchange in Frankfurt.
About the Role
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes - developers, testers, & product owners - who are working together to solve interesting e-commerce & supply chain problems around how people eat. Sometimes, this involves implementing features to improve the user journey & making it easier for our customers to buy amazing food. Other times, this means creating stable software solutions that keep our distribution centers running.
We are looking for a Squad Lead to help architect & implement solutions, lead developers, & write beautiful code. You will strive to achieve company goals & collaborate with local & international teams to find the best solution possible. As a member of our North America team, youll work with highly-skilled engineers, who have been solving problems in this space for quite some time, & have turned HelloFresh into the #1 meal delivery service in the world!
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, & operations of the applications that you develop
- Lead a small team of engineers (4-7) as a line manager: supervising day-to-day technical tasks, as well as mentoring & growing the engineering skill set within your team
- Be an active, solution-oriented leader & member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Frontend & Backend Engineers, Designers, & Business Intelligence teams
- Develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFreshs products & architecture
At minimum, you have:
- 5+ years of experience on an agile software development team, preferably in a lead or senior role for at least 2+ years
- Hands-on experience in developing & releasing web apps to production environments
- 1+ years of experience with a current service-oriented programming language such as NodeJS (preferred), Python or GoLang
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or, equivalent
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- Amazing discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes!
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are currently working remotely! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.